A eluogy for Zoomer.

UncleWillie

Lost and confused.
A year and a half ago we went to pick up a car and wound up bringing home possibly the best dog I have ever owned. He had been abandoned at the house we went to and they had no idea what his name was. We spent 30 minutes calling out names and he answered to Zoomer.
26203_404383499738_552514738_4928765_4393063_n.jpg

Since we got him he has gone almost everywhere I have gone. He lived to ride in my truck. He loved to be with me. HE never met a person he couldn't make friends with.
26203_404383529738_552514738_4928769_5914444_n.jpg

When I went to a gas station and filled up the truck I had to buy him beef jerky or he would go to the back of the truck and pout.
When I came home on the occasions he couldn't go with me he always greeted me like I had come back from the dead. He yelped and jumped and smiled.

He made friends with all of my neighbors. You see there was no way to pen him up or chain him so that he couldn't escape. His neck was bigger than his head so no collar would stay on for long. His harness only stayed on when he wasn't trying to get it off. My neighbors loved him as much as I did.

Every evening he came and sat in the chair with me.Every night he slept in the bed with us.
198088_10150171738034739_552514738_8230364_8194233_n.jpg

Anytime there were clothes out he would sleep on them because then smelled like us.
P3120005.jpg

A short while ago some low life shot him twice with a.22. We came home to a message on the answering machine that he was at a neighbors house and was hurt. The vet said they couldn't do anything for him. If he made it through the night he would survive. I spent that night on am mattress on the floor with him. He had lost so much blood he was cold. He spent the whole night cuddled against my side. The next night my wife stayed with him. The night after that I carefully placed him in the bed with us. He made it. He was tough. For a long time he laid for hours on the couch with his blue bandage around him.
200586_10150163124824739_552514738_8155633_5778458_n.jpg

He got better. HE started to play again. He "helped" us plant a garden.
199898_10150166899934739_552514738_8186717_3239185_n.jpg

He spent his afternoons when we were at home chasing cats, playing with Abbi and Diesel. and laying in the sun. He had a good life.
2010-06-22173850.jpg

He refused to get out of bed until we did. He could be an absolute jerk at times, but was always lovable.
DSCN0608.jpg

Today while I was moving the truck he was playing with Diesel, and he tripped and slid under the back tire. He died almost instantly. My heart is broken. And yes I am crying. I can't seem to stop.
So this is farewell to my friend. Your time with us was too short. There will never be another like you. Goodbye. I love you.
250478_10150279496814739_552514738_8937160_3592499_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about your friend. They truly are a mans best friend

I'm so sorry for your loss brother. I love animals more than humans sometimes. Its difficult when we lose the little ones we love. Theres nothing you could have done, It was his time. He's happy wherever he is i'm sure

so sorry for your loss, just remember ALL dogs go to heaven!

Sorry doesn't cut it brother. My wife and I read the whole thing (I didn't tell her it was a eulogy). We laughed and then we cried. Our boy Curtis is 10 and its we're dreading the day. Take solice in the fact that you made his time here on earth the best ever. Hell, I'd like to have what he had. He sounds like he was a fighter - kind of like you. Prayers out to you and your family. I don't have any kids and our dog is all my wife and I have. I feel for you and I dread the day I have to face that.

Hate to hear it, jack russells (looks like what he was/part of) can be really good dogs. They seem to be either great dogs, or ankle biters. I know Zoomer was not the ankle biter type, he was the type that thought he was bigger than he really was (playing with the puppies twice his size).

How's abby doing since the broken leg? Diesel looks like he's getting big, I'd like to see some pics of the other puppies too. I've had NUMEROUS people ask me who we 'bought' Sarge from, they are all suprised he was free (one wanted to buy one if there were more). I think the German Shepard/Pyrenees mix is a very good combination.

Sorry for Your Family's Loss Brother.We have a dog that sounds almost the same.He Dances in circles when I am trying to get ready to leave because he is so excited to ride places with me.I can't leave the house other than to go to work without him and when I get home from work,every single day,he is standing at the front door with his paws pressed against the glass waiting on me.I can imagine what you are going through,my Heart goes out to you and your Family.

Bummer man. Its always hard to lose a dog. They become your best friend.

Hate to hear it, jack russells (looks like what he was/part of) can be really good dogs. They seem to be either great dogs, or ankle biters. I know Zoomer was not the ankle biter type, he was the type that thought he was bigger than he really was (playing with the puppies twice his size).

How's abby doing since the broken leg? Diesel looks like he's getting big, I'd like to see some pics of the other puppies too. I've had NUMEROUS people ask me who we 'bought' Sarge from, they are all suprised he was free (one wanted to buy one if there were more). I think the German Shepard/Pyrenees mix is a very good combination.

Abbi is doing good. She walks with a very slight limp at times. SHe has gone back to patrolling at night so I don't have to worry about the bobcat coming back around and killing things. I have pics of one of the pups we gave away and of Diesel whom we kept. I would love to see how big Dozer is now. Diesel is As big as His Momma.

So sorry for your loss. Zoomer sounds like an awesome dog.

Back