Ac recharging

Keith1138

While I was recharging my ac. My heep developed a belt squeal. I have narrowed it down to the compressor since it only does it when it is engaged. I have found two conflicting opinions based on my research first is the clutch is bad on compressor. Second is the compressor is bad since it ran low on freon there for it didnt have enough lubricant inside. I don't understand how adding oil/freon would make the compressor die. What do yall thing?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Did you try to just tension the belt a bit more? may be to loose for the load of the compressor.

See if you can turn the clutch hub (the part that engages and disengages) by hand with the engine off. If it won't turn by hand the compressor is locked up internally. If the freon was low it may not have been engaging at all, now that it's charged some, when it engages the belt or clutch slips and squeals.

Also check belt tension like @Jeff B said too.

I can turn the clutch by hand. It doesn't freely spin but doesn't take too much effort to move it. I did tighten my belt as much as it had left. My tensioner probably moved an eighth of an inch. The squeal has seemed to gone away for now.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Back