Air Shocks

We have used and sell Fox, Swayaway, and Walker Evans stuff. I have quite a few customers happy with the Fox and that is what i have on my buggy. The Swayaways will be the way I go if I buy another set, I liked the fit and finish alot better than the Foxs

Andy

I have 18" SAW on my buggy. Haven't gotten a chance to run them yet (still building), but I bought them on numerous recommendations...

I ran the 14" Fox's and I think they worked good but as was stated earlier,I like the finish of the swayaways much better......

Running Fox 14" airshocks on my YJ. About 5000 pounds, 80:1, very heavy right foot.

No problems at all after 1 year with them. I would definately run them (airshocks) again. I may upgrade to some more HD shocks due to the weight of my rig.

It is very important to have them charged correctly (and bump stopped) so that they do not bottom out. I run mine with just a center limit strap @ 2" of slack and they perform very well.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_harlen0701058.jpg

Do you not have to run springs with the air shocks? I was kinda intrested in them, but every picture I've seen them on, no one runs springs (coils or leafs). Just wondering.

DirtBoyz said:
Do you not have to run springs with the air shocks? I was kinda intrested in them, but every picture I've seen them on, no one runs springs (coils or leafs). Just wondering.

you can run either air shocks or coilovers...

I "think" the general rule is you can run air shocks only if you're 1,000 lbs or less per corner...

Greg

bigwaylon said:
I "think" the general rule is you can run air shocks only if you're 1,000 lbs or less per corner...
Greg

And that's sprung weight.. no tires, wheels, axles, 1/2 the links, count for that.. ;)

Rich said:
And that's sprung weight.. no tires, wheels, axles, 1/2 the links, count for that.. ;)

thanks for the clarification...

can you mix/match air shocks and coilovers?

for instance run coilovers in the front and air shocks in the rear?

I have front coilovers on order...already have the Poly Performance bracket kit for the front...

rear is still "on the drawing board"...I have the sway bar and the RE 3-link, but that's it...gonna stretch it when we move convert, and just trying to consider all the options...

Greg

I don't think air shocks work well on the road as compared to coilovers,

that is if you plan on running on the road at all (daily driver???)

Rob

rockcity said:
I don't think air shocks work well on the road as compared to coilovers,
that is if you plan on running on the road at all (daily driver???)
Rob

yeah...it'll still be driven to the trailhead (i.e. Charlotte to Tellico, UNF, DPG)

...and scootin' around town some...

Greg

Back