Air suspension in addition to lift kit

93redzj

I’m gonna be hauling a trailer at least 4 days a week for work now, and I was contemplating adding some air bags/springs to the rear of my truck. Currently it has a rough country 6” lift on it, blocks in the rear, but when I hook my current 16’ car hauler up to it, it squats pretty good in the rear even unloaded. I’ve seen a few kits out there but I’m sure they are for factory ride height applications. I’ve read I’ll need to add some sort of block or spacer to the bags in order to make them work? Found this, 4" Air Suspension Spacer Kit | Pacbrake but I’m not sure if that’s what I need?

Attachments

• F083644B-58F4-435B-A7F6-64AE74AD63C1.jpeg
    F083644B-58F4-435B-A7F6-64AE74AD63C1.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 4BAA5260-1006-487E-9A22-1EF09A06F1C4.jpeg
    4BAA5260-1006-487E-9A22-1EF09A06F1C4.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 114
Use the spacers to accommodate for the lift but they also make a “cup” that allows the bag to lift away from the axle without stretching it and possibly ripping the bag. On flat ground the bag sits in said cup and operates normally to assist the suspension (figuring you’re not off-roading or flexing out your suspension while towing with pressure in the bags). I think daystar makes some of the “cups”.

Use the spacers to accommodate for the lift but they also make a “cup” that allows the bag to lift away from the axle without stretching it and possibly ripping the bag. On flat ground the bag sits in said cup and operates normally to assist the suspension (figuring you’re not off-roading or flexing out your suspension while towing with pressure in the bags). I think daystar makes some of the “cups”.
Is this the “cup” you speak of? Air Bag Cradles

I also found these on another site, Air Lift Air Bag Spacer |Universal Fit | 6 inch

Would I use both of those together in a setup? I’m guessing that “cup” would mount to the top of that bracket where bottom of air spring mounts?

Back