All I wanted was a piece of cake...

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Last weekend, myself and some members of Appalachian 4x4 decided to go wheeling in Harlan. Harlan has long been a favorite park of mine since I started going there in 2005. I have had some awesome times there in the past. ECORS races, rock races and week long primitive camping trips have created some long lasting memories for me.
This trip however, will be very difficult to forget. Ever.

Friday we all arrived at our trouse, a combination mobile estate set atop a foundation of sorts, located just about 1/2 mile from the entrance to the park. The trash talking was immediate. Tales of trails conquered and obstacles cleared filled the air. After Chef @smittybronco4 whipped up some burgers, the decision was made to make a night run. Off to Pinball and Railbed we went!

The waterfall on Railbed is a great obstacle to start the weekend. Smitty hit it hard in his bouncer and made it right up. I eased my Ranger up to the waterfall with my trusty co pilot @ckruzer riding beeyotch. We chirped the sticky SXs a few revolutions and hopped right up. Next up was @McCracken in his sticky tarred SJ Cherokee. He too made short work of it. Then we heard what sounded like an infant crying. Surprised, we all looked around and saw @Loganwayne spinning his tires on the same rock. We gingerly asked him why he was so upset and he informed us he forgot his traction at home. We consoled him and said he could take the bypass. Then one of our members literally walked up it in a Yota truggy on 37 Reds. We shook our heads in disgust and pretended not to have 5 times as much in our rigs as he does.

At the top of Railbed in the still of the night, we heard the same cries as earlier in the night. Only this time they were due to regret. The regret of @Loganwayne being too cheap to pay me to replace his front ring and pinion last year. His ring gear had meth mouth and as such, his weekend of wheeling had come to an end.

I could continue with the wheeling play by play, but let me sum it up
- @McCracken, @smittybronco4, @sparkn89 and myself rocked the trails all weekend. The park was dry and we had it to ourselves. It was great wheeling weather!

Then I wanted some cake...

After we collectively (aside from Logan :flipoff2:) kicked Harlan's butt we went back to the trouse and noticed what looked to be a wedding being set up across the street. Chef Smitty once again whipped up a killer meal and we were all fat and happy.

Ever noticed how after a big meal, you crave something sweet? Thoughts of wedding cake danced through my head. I peeked out the window at an outdoor wedding in Evarts KY. One that featured camo attire and a converted kegorator conveniently near the altar. I made the comment "I want some cake." That comment was returned with "We don't have any." My reply was "True, but the wedding beside the train tracks does. Who wants cake too?" Never to send a buddy to get his sweet tooth craving cured alone, @ckruzer excitedly took the wing man role.

Now, let's pause a moment. Here are 7 dudes from NC, covered in mud, grease and grime about to walk right up into a private wedding reception in Evarts KY and try to get some cake. I mean, what could go wrong? More importantly, what could go right?

Back to the story

I'm a pretty bold and direct kind of person. I tend to see it like it is and say it like it is. @ckruzer followed closely behind as I approached who I learned was the mother of the bride. I took an initial survey of the situation and decided to go with the complete honesty and direct approach. "Ma'am, me and my buddies are here wheeling this weekend. Our rental is across the street from here (pointing to our rigs) and I just really would like a piece of cake." It seemed like a Kentucky eternity before she replied. Would she be offended and yell for others? Would she scream and tell us scram? Her reply came and I was on pins and needles..."Why Lord yeah honey. Tell your friends (who were wisely dragging their heels crashing the wedding) to come over too!"

It was awn like Donkey Kong!

I was enjoying my cake, a shoebox sized portion, mind you. When my cretin friends eyeballed the booze and @McCracken decided to DJ the party. From here I'll simply make bullet points of the highlights

* @McCracken took and kept his shirt off
* flammable luminaries that doubles an inappropriate white hoods
* sexual harassment Panda was there
* some dude spilled his beer in my Croc
* I *may* have drank said beer from my Croc (sorry if my sister reads this)
* Fat Bottomed Girls was sang by Sir MixAlot (don't argue this fact, trust @McCracken)
* The Harlan County PoPo showed up and left
* There was twerking. By both sexes and by varying ages of each
* @Loganwayne received instruction of what constitutes consensual bobbing
* State Troopers showed up and left
* I was nearly bitten by a dog
* @McCracken chugged very questionable "moonshine". Waiting on toxicology report on it's contents
* We were invited to watch Mayweather/Mc Gregor fight at a neighbor's house across from reception
* @Loganwayne can't hold his whiskey and as such, was assaulted by a Mexican luchadores in his sleep
*We hauled butt outta there when we overheard the phrase "those troublemakers from NC..."

We feared our story would be questioned if we didn't document it properly. Pics were taken and video was as well. We hope you enjoy!
IMG_20170826_214106236.jpg
IMG_20170826_220930190.jpg
IMG_20170826_212037876.jpg
IMG_20170826_211047960.jpg

Last edited:
Tip of the iceberg my friend but those are definitely "some" of the highlights. I'm sure when I get home I'll try and upload some videos. Unfortunately, it'll probably be Garage material so the cheap asses (myself included) will miss the thread.

I liked the post before I read it, FWIW.

@trailhugger was relaying text messages to me on Saturday night, and my response was "Jody sounds like he's drunk".

Negatory. Whereas I was quite relaxed that evening. @McCracken and I did our part to make sure we didn't have to make any trips to the local correctional facility. We stuck out like 2 smart ass sore thumbs

Negatory. Whereas I was quite relaxed that evening. @McCracken and I did our part to make sure we didn't have to make any trips to the local correctional facility. We stuck out like 2 smart ass sore thumbs

I also asked "Did McCracken put on a shirt before they crashed the wedding?", to which she replied, "I think so, but it sounds like he took it back off."

@shawn move this up right under jodys. its a view of the weekend at a quick glance
stolen from @McCracken
I'm not even going to try and spell out every story but here's the list:

1) "Balls" bumper sticker
2) Sports Bro
3) Moonshine
4) Dana 30; the quest for 30 more Dana's
5) Orbital woes
6) The gatekeeper and his lax alcohol rules
7) Nick runs out of propane in the first 5 minutes
8) Smitty's steering wheel upgrade
9) Pless' 5-minute trail ride
10) Rzr drinkers at 10 am
11) Trent's busted studs
12) Ryan's break on Grapevine
13) Dude Perfect shots at his windshield
14) "The Interview"
15) New Facebook group shot
16) Ryan's new shifter
17) Hula girl ride video down the mountain
18) Steel Hill full throttle assaults
19) Wedding crashers
20) More moonshine
21) More Dude Perfect attempts at Ryan's back glass
22) Mean lady and her dog
23) Selfie mode at the altar
24) Selfie mode at the alter with the bride and groom
25) Logan chugs whiskey; immediately regrets it
26) Fat Bottom Girls was evidently sung by Sir Mix-a-Lot
27) Chinese lantern fires
28) Nick's shirtless at the reception
29) Groom is grinding with random dudes
30) Free beer in fridge on a trailer
31) Nice gams
32) Eastern KY man explains that "bobbing" ain't gay
33) Cops show up, App4x4 rolls out
34) Nick drinks moonshine from a stone jug
35) EDITED
36) The thousand yard stare
37) A hillbilly takes off his shirt and swims in money
38) Mayweather wins
39) The Luchador wrestles Logan
40) "Stop it, Jody"
41) Mason Jar
42) Smitty breaks a shaft
43) Death ledge walk
44) "Balls" bumper sticker and dong find a new ride home
45) Logans snoring . This is best heard but to describe it I'd say it starts off like normal snoring but ends with what sounds like a woman being satisfied. LOL
46) Broken stud removal 101 by professor Treadway

Last edited by a moderator:
If y'all can keep this thread clean and post something resembling wheeling, I'll put it on the front page. We can make another thread in the garage if necessary, and I'll buy McCracken's cheap ass a diamond again.

Lol... I dare say, yall look like a great group to go wheeling with... Let the shenanigans begin

Lol... I dare say, yall look like a great group to go wheeling with... Let the shenanigans begin
It was one of the rowdiest, most action packed wheeling trips I've had in a while.

You guys have no idea of the stories we could tell. We all knew it was going to be a great weekend with all the before hand trash talk....
And then Jody saw a cake and it become a weekend legends are made of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back