Always Look At What Size The Ball Is!!!

SQROOT16

getting the trailer for towing the jeep and got a little to quick headed.

I didnt notice i had a 2 inch ball for a 2 5/16ths trailer. It got a little loose on a bridge ouch!!!!!!!!!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v441_tangeloman_jeep_IMG_2663.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v441_tangeloman_jeep_IMG_2660.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v441_tangeloman_jeep_IMG_2661.jpg

I'd recommend twisting your chains to shorten them, looks like those are waaaaay long.... might have helped to not let the trailer get all the way up there to the 1/4... but that sucks at any rate.

Ouch, looks like the tailgate slowed the trailer down. It looks pretty tounge heavy.

btw where was the bridge?

Rich said:
I'd recommend twisting your chains to shorten them, looks like those are waaaaay long.... might have helped to not let the trailer get all the way up there to the 1/4... but that sucks at any rate.

I have to respectfully disagree with Rich here.
hile I agree he should shorten the safety chains, I would NOT do it by twisting them.
I would cut them down or re-link the hooks...
I'm no physicist, but I've always felt that twisting the chains introduces a whole new directional stress tha was intended by their design

I drive trailers daily for the boat rack and I heard, but can't confirm that it is the law that you have to cross your safty chains.
I think it is good to have slack in your chains, just enough to have slack when you jack knife it it doesn't pull the chains tight. You should not rely on your chains to keep your load safe, it is a precation if your ball fails.

yeah

WOW! Sorry to see that nice ford get screwed up! OUCH! I would be so pissed if that was mine. O well take care. bye.

KRAWLER

ShyHiK5 said:
I have to respectfully disagree with Rich here.
hile I agree he should shorten the safety chains, I would NOT do it by twisting them.
I would cut them down or re-link the hooks...
I'm no physicist, but I've always felt that twisting the chains introduces a whole new directional stress tha was intended by their design

Good point... Yes, yours is most certainly the best idea... for whatever reason i was under the impression it wasn't his trailer to do with as he pleased.

Back