Anchoring steel post to concrete floor

yeah I was going to say something about some super crazy quality Hilti epoxy, but you have to have a larger hole than the anchor, so I didn't......

So what have you decided? :D

Nothing yet. We are selling our house, and this is one of the items the inspector found that the buyers have asked us to fix. I'm hoping they will take it as-is.

Its a non structural/code issue and takes $15 to fix. I imagine if that is a turnoff for them, then they are looking for some reason to back out

Its a non structural/code issue and takes $15 to fix. I imagine if that is a turnoff for them, then they are looking for some reason to back out

No, people just don't know better.

The home inspector is paid to put deficiencies on a list. That's his job. The buyer looks at that list, and then thinks the house is in danger of falling over.

If the average person knew how their house was constructed, they wouldn't live in it.

Nothing yet. We are selling our house, and this is one of the items the inspector found that the buyers have asked us to fix. I'm hoping they will take it as-is.

seriously man, 1for an hour of your time (that includes teh trip to the store) and $15 this could be done. Do this small thing to appease buyers, they are more likely to overlook something that could actually take time/money to fix.

pour another 4'' on concrete in the basement that way they look like they are poured in a footing. :flipoff2:

I'm just BSing now. Do what you need to do to make the buyers happy not including the concrete idea.

seriously man, 1for an hour of your time (that includes teh trip to the store) and $15 this could be done. Do this small thing to appease buyers, they are more likely to overlook something that could actually take time/money to fix.

The big reason I didn't want to do it is I don't own a hammer drill, and have never needed one before. We agreed to fix the posts, so I guess I'll either be renting or buying a hammer drill over the next few days. The good news is the buyers have agreed to everything and we close on the house at the end of the month.

Back