Another “new” project

Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by Buffy, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I don’t think the Merc would stand a chance against the go cart. That plus you would probably have to fight the missus for that drive. :D :lol:

2. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

I had a good day on the bucket today but did have one brain fart that’s going to cost me. I’ll explain below.....

I was nervous on drilling a rather large hole in my firewall but all went well. My next effort was drilling 4 holes straight enough that they would line up with the Steer Clear box. My plan was to use the box as a guide but the box was in the way so I had to freestyle it. I also got an assist from the wife. We nailed it perfectly!

[​IMG]

I was not expecting the fiberglass to be this thick on the firewall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that the box is mounted I could mock up the steering column. I was worried the column and steering joint wouldn’t connect but you couldn’t ask for a better fitment and spacing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for my brain fart. I unexpectedly had to clearance the side of the block to allow room for the Steer Clear box. Well I was concentrating on working the block that I did not notice I had gotten against the frame! :kaioken:

[​IMG]

3. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

I’ve been working on building a metal skeleton to bond to the fiberglass body. The interior guy said I needed to reinforce the body or the paint would crack. Another one of those details the assembly instructions failed to mention. I am learning he instructions leave a lot of holes in the assembly process.

Almost done with the back of the cab. I need to cut some 1” square tube to and form fit to the horizontal flat bar. I’ve been relief cutting the square tub so it would form to the body shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caver Dave likes this.
  4. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

I’ve gone from this cardboard tank

[​IMG]

To this custom stainless tank made my Rick’s Tanks in Texas. I also have the battery mounted in place. I will be running a yellow top so my OCD doesn’t have a melt down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

Thought I would share an update on this project. Went to fellow board member Chris and had him spray some K-Liner on my body. I also had him line my bed for when I am hauling all those concrete blocks. it turned out great, I would recommend Chris any day for lining.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Buffy

Buffy Well-Known Member

Finally got some color sprayed on this bad boy. Hope to be driving it soon. Of course now the fun part of putting together all the purdy pieces begins and you are worried about scratching all that expensive new paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 792.5cj5

792.5cj5 Well-Known Member

Paint looks amazing. Look much better with hella smoke rolling from those meats