Another invader from Michigan

KaiserJeep

I don't know if any of you will remember Square D from a couple months ago, but I know him well from www.michiganjeepers.com. He sent me your way and said you guys and gals were able to offer a lot of help. My fiancée (sp?? I hate typing that word) and I are looking at moving to North Carolina from the Western Michigan area. She has bachelors in elementary education; I have bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I was fairly lucky and had a job lined up before graduating from college in December 2003, she is still looking for a teaching job, thank you Governor Granholm for cutting every penny you can from the education budget in the state of Michigan. She has sub-ed a lot and is the manager of a marina in our area during the summer, but she really wants to use he degree and I would not mind a new job. I have applied with a few companies in the Davidson and Mocksville areas. How are these areas? Ghetto? Expensive? Yuppie? Middle class? Mix of it all? High or low crime? Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. She and I both are out doorsy people and would like to have some property to live on if possible. Right now I live on 30 acres, she lives on just under 5. If there are any other areas any of you know of that would be better for us to look at please let me know.

Thanks a TON and I hope to see some of you on the trails eventually.
John

NC is a great place to live. We have mountains and the beach all together. If you plant yourself in the center of the state you have equal access to both at roughly 4 hrs. either way. :)

Back