Any electric pressure washers worth a damn?

shelby27604

Looking for a pressure washer....something that will clean the deck, basic car wash, siding wash, etc. It won't need to peel off pounds of mud.

Dug through the archives, and most of the threads are from 7-10 years ago....anything anyone is using that runs on 110v that is worth a dang?

Looking for electric to free up some space, keep from having yet ANOTHER gas engine to maintain, and so the wife can use it without me having to pull start it.....cuz we all know how slippery of a slope that can be!

I love mine, it definitely lacks in the power department compared to a gas but I only got the 1700 psi model Ryobi. Honestly have never used it to do anything but clean the Jeep off and wash vehicles which it does pretty well. I do however need to pressure wash the house, may get on that in the next few weeks. Then again I've been saying that for the past few years :rolleyes:

Northern tool has some nice electric models. You get what you pay for with a pressure washer, so If you're ok with buying a new half ass shitty pressure washer from Lowe's every other summer then that's cool otherwise you're going to be spending $600 minimum

Used to do pressure washing as a side hustle for the landscaping biz...easy money. But I digress, I've never used an electric pressure washer where I was glad I did. On houses, they don't tend to have the pressure to clean as well, and that's after doing it 3 times. Good for knocking down big/clumpy stuff or spider webs...but I wouldn't recommend it for cleaning siding or concrete/stonework.

I think I’ve had my karcher for over 10yrs. Does the house, deck, concrete and vehicles no problem. When it dies I’ll buy another.

Does Milwaukee make an 18 volt one yet? If so I'll probably end up buying it :lol:

I've been thinking of converting my gas to electric. I have a 5hp motor lying around dying to hook up to it. Nothing of use to add

I got the cheapo Greenworx years ago. I use it for teh cars and back porch, etc. Have never even tried to really wash the house, doubt it would do a great job.
I do like the fact that it's not such high pressure I'm worried about damaging the car or an appendage using it.
I've been more limited by the rate of water flow from my house spgiot, but I'm on a well w/ non-ideal pressure and the taps happen to be at the very end of the run.

I have an el cheapo HF Portland brand electric. For $79 it works for what I wanted, clean the Jeep off and do light duty cleaning around the house.

It won't do a deck or patio, not enough pressure nor can you change tips. The adjustable tip on it sucks donkey balls.

I just borrowed a 2700 PSI gas unit to do my 12'x28' concrete patio. There is no way I would have even attempted to use the electric on on it.

I’ve got a 220v electric one. It’s been good for me. Could use some fine tuning but it works.
so I know that these exist but I have always struggled to see the application. How many people have a 220v outlet outside the house? Seems like most people would have to make a new fixture to be able to use it.
Or are they intended for an industrial case where your'e setting up a dedicated cleaning booth space?

No but here's another one of their tools you didn't know you needed.

Link Here

My neighbor bought one of those last year, right before he unintentionally retired from landscaping (didn't know he had cancer). It's awesome, and works really well and the battery lasts a long time. It's probably the best designed sprayer I've ever seen, but it's also the most expensive too. The tank molding and O-ring sealing are actually done properly. If they made a hand-pump version, it would still kick the shit out of all the other hand pump versions I've ever seen, just because of the manufacturing and plastics molding quality.

Last edited:
Trust me I stare in poor too. I've got a few of the el cheapo box store sprayers. Debating on getting a back pack style though as I'd rather spray than weed eat.

For cheap, the HF backpack sprayer has done well for me. Not the most comfortable to carry, but has lasted about 5 yrs for me, with occasional use.

I'm on a well w/ non-ideal pressure and the taps happen to be at the very end of the run

Last year, I cut the hose bibbs loose from the house plumbing and ran a dedicated 3/4" line that serves all of them. No more pressure drops inside if a hose is on, and we get a lot more water volume at the hose bibbs than previously. I think it cost me $40-50.

Last year, I cut the hose bibbs loose from the house plumbing and ran a dedicated 3/4" line that serves all of them. No more pressure drops inside if a hose is on, and we get a lot more water volume at the hose bibbs than previously. I think it cost me $40-50.

I'm going to do a sub-manifold just for the bibs for that same reason (straight shot to each bib, because pex is cheap). I don't really notice delivery problems in the house because I don't take baths, but I start to turn into the Hulk if it takes too long to fill a car wash bucket.

I have a green electric pressure washer that I love. Great for washing the vehicles, muddy Jeep, patio furniture and stuff like that. Not ideal for house washing, but it’s cheaper to pay someone every other year to do that. I love how quick and easy it is to setup. Bout $110 on Amazon

so I know that these exist but I have always struggled to see the application. How many people have a 220v outlet outside the house? Seems like most people would have to make a new fixture to be able to use it.
Or are they intended for an industrial case where your'e setting up a dedicated cleaning booth space?

What I have started as a hot water propane/electric pressure washer. The coils were nasty and clogged so now just a pressure washer. I’d assume it is an industrial setting type unit. I have it wired to plug in at my shop and have an adapter to plug into dryer outlet. It is almost as good as a cheaper box store unit. It was awesome when the heat worked. I sometimes use a foam cannon to wash my truck and it works good for that as well.
But for portability a gas unit is hard to beat.

I know this is an older thread, but my cheap sunjoe crapped out. I'm sure they've gotten better in recent years. Anyone have a recommendation?
I have this one and its been great for what it is:

Been using it about a year and no complaints. I can go from thinking about cleaning something to blasting water in about 30 seconds. Obviously its a 2gpm electric pressure washer, so set your expectations accordingly, but if you're coming from a Sunjoe it should be fine. I've found it is fantastic with the turbo nozzle, and outpaces the gas pressure washer I previously had because of the turbo nozzle. Of course the turbo nozzle on the gas one would have been even better, but the electric with the turbo nozzle is better than a gasser with a 10-15 degree nozzle.

My kiddo has cleaned the 20x20 pad in front of my shop a couple of times with it.
1718309219951.png

Last edited:
I think I’ve had my karcher for over 10yrs. Does the house, deck, concrete and vehicles no problem. When it dies I’ll buy another.
I guess I lied. I now own a Honda gas powered machine. No regrets here. I still relate power to the sound of an engine running, think I might need testosterone replacement if that fades:D

Back