Any level lift kits on the trail?

WHITEY

7D733792-0AA9-4DE7-92DB-9B4CFD52DE9A.png
Saw this online and wondered if anyone was bold enough to try this on the trail? I can see a practical use in some work situations but I see zero evidence this kit has been trail tested. I question if there’s room for hydro assist steering and whether the front axle slide components can handle love taps from rocks

Yeah I figured the off-roaders would say no way. But there’s always that bro or boy that gets everything bought for him that has no respect for what they have. Besides I always like seein other full size rigs on rocks. They’re like the rock crawling underdog

Rule #8 -Do NOT wheel the towrig!

Having said that, there was a diesel F-truck (crew-cab SB/no bed) that used to wheel the DR's back in the Hanging Dog days and appeared to do well on 38"s...
But have also seen too many ACORNS ("a couple of rednecks") sporting a [insert bone stock 3/4 ton] on "mud tars", and a case of [insert cheapest beer made] that had to be winched out of URE after a heavy dew...

Yeah. I get that most offroaders don’t like the idea of going on a trail with a full size with the toe rig status in mind. Plenty of guys have told me my power wagon was a good fit for toe rig. For me the power wagon hit the sweet spot. it could tow, haul and crawl. So it made its first trip up Daniel stock on 35”s at 4 months old in 06’. The only time it’s a tow rig is when my wife’s Jeep breaks on the trail. When I want an easy to wheel rig, I’ll build a tube buggy

I didn't know such a product existed. Now I do, and I feel dumber.

For the price of that bullshit, you could have your current truck plus a respectable offroad toy attached to the back of said current truck.

I have contemplated building a manual version of the coilover mount for a dual purpose rig. Only reason was to be able to raise ride height to run a taller tire on the street, that better matched the gear ratios with no OD. At the end of the day, while cool, it didnt seem worth the effort for the little bit it might be driven on the street; esp knowing the effort it would take to adjust it.

Yeah. I get that most offroaders don’t like the idea of going on a trail with a full size with the toe rig status in mind. Plenty of guys have told me my power wagon was a good fit for toe rig. For me the power wagon hit the sweet spot. it could tow, haul and crawl.
Unless it breaks a sector shaft....:flipoff2: Sorry couldnt resist..:)

Saw this online and wondered if anyone was bold enough to try this on the trail?
All I know is that WhistlinDiesel beat the ever living hell out of a F350 with an Any Level Lift and I was amazed at the abuse it did take. It’s on the YouTubes if you’re bored.

Unless it breaks a sector shaft....:flipoff2: Sorry couldnt resist..:)
Well you only know of one sector shaft I twisted off. Yes The weak point on my gen power wagon was the steering. There’s now zero dodge steering from the knuckles to the steering shaft by the firewall with hydro assist. There’s nothing like carrying a steering box a few miles at night and installing it with a flashlight! Fun times

Back