Any real radiator shops left?

I cant believe no one has mentioned Bullock radiator on Graham st in Charlotte
Because we ain't all in-the-know ;) That's the whole purpose of a thread like this, because we know SOMEBODY knows, but the yellow pages ain't what it used to be :D

I know you're dumb old and set in your ways, but you can buy a f****** aluminum radiator with welded in tanks and more cooling capacity than the stock copper one for like $150 and will last longer than your junky ass truck. That's not even worth the drive to Denver for that.
I'll tank a link for this high quality aluminum radiator and take it under consideration...

This seems like one of those things, everyone says "Yopu can buy an aluminum radiator for $150...then when you start looking its really 250 and poor quality

Really want someone with a vat tank to boil it good .
Then pressure test it. Then fix it.

Used to be a radiator shop in every small town, now they are a dinosaur.

As an alternate I’d pay well for a new quality made copper/brass radiator ..but Lonnie makes it. It’s either plastic tanks or Chinese aluminum
... and thats why there are no radiator shops anymore.
Radiators have become a cheap disposable part just like everything else.

thats why there are no radiator shops anymore.
Radiators have become a cheap disposable part just like everything else.

This. The plastic tanks on the $100 aluminum ones start leaking after about ten years. Unreliable junk. Copper ones last for at least two before they start.

This. The plastic tanks on the $100 aluminum ones start leaking after about ten years. Unreliable junk. Copper ones last for at least two before they start.
Chances are, the rest of the car isn't designed to last longer than the radiator anyway.

Depends on the vehicle app, in my opinion.
My issue isntbwith a plastic tank leaking at the factory seam.

The gm "floating " radiator design, the issue is rubbing holes in them. The poly, or older hardened rubber isolators and/or the shroud wear through due to vibrations.

There is a reason the parts houses won't warranty them more than 30 days.

Depends on the vehicle app, in my opinion.
My issue isntbwith a plastic tank leaking at the factory seam.

The gm "floating " radiator design, the issue is rubbing holes in them. The poly, or older hardened rubber isolators and/or the shroud wear through due to vibrations.

There is a reason the parts houses won't warranty them more than 30 days.

I wouldn't know. I've never had a square body that needed a radiator replacement.

If they're that problematic, buy the $85 one from Rockauto and replace as needed.

Gordon's radiator in Winston still does that kind of work. Looks like you have it figured out already though.
Used them YEARS ago to test a 3-pack of old CJ radiators... after all blew bubbles like an aquarium stone, bought a brand new HD (COPPER) CJ radiator, they soldered the Commando mounts on and have been good for decades. IIRC, they only charged me like $20 to test all 3 of the bad ones...

Have used them several times more recently than Gordon's for a couple rads and they also offer immediate fuel tank swaps (aka. the delaminating steel Ford tanks)

Back