Any soap makers?

Jeff B

Thanos was right
Wife and I are trying our hand at the soap making business. We made our first batch of Kombucha tea soap yesterday. qualities of the kombucha are mild exfoliant, low PH, rinses very well and less soap scum.

Bar size is 2.5x3.75x1.5 thick. Haven't weighd yet, won't be fully cured for 6-8 weeks.

We make the Kombucha tea too. The next batch will be kefir with oat scrub, also will be making jumbo bars for the larger guys out there. Also a citronella soap for the campers..

20200907_081502.jpg

Last edited:
We have a neighbor lady who makes and sales a bunch. Calahaln Cream. She has it in a few stores in the area. I honestly like it. But it is so soft and I'm very hairy. Bars don't last long. Hers are selling for 8 bucs a bar!

Been using Dove men care. Don't know what is so different but unless it's a big brand and hard it doesn't last.

How's it on the bits?
Depends on how fast you like to wash said bits.. :eek:

This is gentle soap, no issues with rashes. A sample from every batch is rubbed across my balls and butthole to be sure:)

We have a neighbor lady who makes and sales a bunch. Calahaln Cream. She has it in a few stores in the area. I honestly like it. But it is so soft and I'm very hairy. Bars don't last long. Hers are selling for 8 bucs a bar!

Been using Dove men care. Don't know what is so different but unless it's a big brand and hard it doesn't last.

These bars are are made with oils that will harden well with good lather. Let dry between uses.

Last edited:
20200907_100917.jpg

The jumbo bricks will be little ober 3/4 lb

I have been buying Dr. Squatch soaps and like them.

I would be interested in buying some of yours when ready.

I use an Axe detail ball scrubby thing. Makes the soap last a lot longer than actually using the bar itself to wash is what I’ve found.

I had to look up the ball scrubby thing. Does it last long washing brass balls?:D

Packaged and ready for sale. $7 a bar.
20200928_190137.jpg

also made some cool menthol today, hot process. This will be ready in 1 month.

I’ve been buying lye soap from a lady in Ga for several years. She’s a relative of someone I knew from a mill I called on and she gave me some samples to try on my highly allergic to perfumes son. It was better than the high-dollar stuff we were buying so we’ve been buying from her ever since.

Welcome to Miss Bea's WunderBar!

Occasionally I buy pine tar soap helps with skin dryness and smells like a campfire

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

we will be making the pine tar soap too. probably make some tonight, have request from some folks at work with psoriasis.

Back