Anybody Familiar with Phone systems (PBX/PRI)

jeepinmatt

..l.
Trying to figure out how to block a particular country code on a NEC Univerge SV8100. I have the manual, I can VPN in to the management side of it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the dots and access the right settings. Any of you guys happen to have some experience with such things and might could offer some guidance?

Are you trying to prevent outgoing calls to the country code or block all calls from a country code

First thing is to set a static IP of 127.0.0.1

Are you trying to prevent outgoing calls to the country code or block all calls from a country code
Prevent outgoing calls to Chad (the country, not the master of truck deals). Also block 1 incoming number.

Prevent outgoing calls to Chad (the country, not the master of truck deals). Also block 1 incoming number.
This is too specific.
Just fire the employee calling Chad...
unless this is a restricted zone/prevent employee from committing federal crime request in which case....run

This is too specific.
Just fire the employee calling Chad...
unless this is a restricted zone/prevent employee from committing federal crime request in which case....run
Herein lies the problem. Its an outside number that is somehow calling in and manipulating our voice-mail system to make an outgoing call.

Herein lies the problem. Its an outside number that is somehow calling in and manipulating our voice-mail system to make an outgoing call.
It's logging in to a voicemail box. Make sure no one has default password

Just talk to your service provider and have them block the incoming number

Just talk to your service provider and have them block the incoming number
I'm a little insulted that you think I haven't tried that :p (3 times!!!:kaioken:) Spectrum Enterprise claims they can't do it. Talked with tech support, sales, account management, etc.

you dont need your isp, they cant - you need your PBX integrator. They certainly can.

you dont need your isp, they cant - you need your PBX integrator. They certainly can.
Which is currently me, which is why I posted this thread. :D

We have talked to several different "phone guys" and all they do is push towards a VOIP system. And conveniently they all have the best hosting and the best prices :rolleyes:

If anybody has any contacts in the Charlotte region of someone who will actually come and work on our PRI/PBX I'm all ears.

We use(d) network south but switched to a mitel voip system 3 years ago and I love it.
I can literally plug my desk phone into a hotel ethernet port and be "in the office"

We use(d) network south but switched to a mitel voip system 3 years ago and I love it.
I can literally plug my desk phone into a hotel ethernet port and be "in the office"
Which begs the question...how often do you take your desk phone when you travel? :confused:

Which begs the question...how often do you take your desk phone when you travel? :confused:
every time...
I even took it on a cruise ship on vacation last year...

But Im sick like that. And 100% commission.

Back