Anybody interested in a really dangerous project?

catfishblues

I just came into possession of this Tesla coil. I don't need it. I know a little about it, but I didn't build it. I'm just curious if anyone here would be interested in taking it over.
20180710_104632.jpg

What is supposed to be done with it? In terms of project. Its beyond anything I really understand aside from theory.

It would be dang fun to play with! Provided I didn't get kilt.

Great big ol' static discharge thingamajig!

Would make an interesting coat rack. I would take it if you were closer.

Would it suitable for a nosey neighbors shop deterrent?
Or a driveway chime?

how complete is it? How much you asking? My buddy is interested in it. Hes a geek.

1 - set it out back as a helluva big zapper
2 - take it down to Wake Forest Baptist. In the basement of the Neurology department, at the far end of the tunnel that goes under the road, is the Magnetoencephalography (MEG) unit. Set it up just outside of there and watch people get really pissed as it fucks up all of their measurements.
Hell you could probably do it in the street and it would still do the trick.
When you get yelled at, tell Cormac O'Donnell or Dwayne Godwin that I sent you.

If you were here I'd set it up outside our building to screw with the interns/new folks when they are learning how sensitive the equipment is ;-)

So enlighten this non scientific guy... is it just a big electro magnet?

I’m too simple to really understand what it is or does, but I’m willing to bet based on how it looks we’d all get a kick out of you carrying into the local bank and see how it goes.
:popcorn:

I can use it .

That would be awesome at work, pretty sure the web guys would run for cover. I do have 3 phase power, I know I would get in trouble with it. It might take care of some pesky SES lights.

Back