Anyone do irrigation, or know someone?

justjeepin86

I'm about to start a huge irrigation project at my booster club soccer fields. I could use some insight if there is anyone here that does irrigation. Unfortunately, this is a project that has to be done by us, due to budget.

If willing, please shoot me a pm with contact info, so I can direct questions your way.

I'm about to start a huge irrigation project at my booster club soccer fields. I could use some insight if there is anyone here that does irrigation. Unfortunately, this is a project that has to be done by us, due to budget.

If willing, please shoot me a pm with contact info, so I can direct questions your way.
I don't, but I can tell you how to do it wrong :D

I do but all experience is residential and commercial, not athletic fields. What are you needing? BUT it's generally the same and I have suppliers who can direct me for the specific supplies as needed.

I do but all experience is residential and commercial, not athletic fields. What are you needing? BUT it's generally the same and I have suppliers who can direct me for the specific supplies as needed.
Thanks.
Honestly, my problem is water supply gpm. I need help sizing everthing properly.

Athletic fields are all similar and factory help is available and free, they just want you to buy their product. Every system starts with the water source. GPM and pressure. then you build from there.
Hunter and most others has available info but I'm not pawning you off, I can make it more understandable until you get it. But here's Hunter's site to look at Soccer | Hunter Industries

It's a well. I rated 26gpm. Not sure on the pressure. I had an irrigation quote and he said the system he designed was for 70psi and 20gpm.
Ok 20 GPM is correct for a 26 gpm rated well. You only use about 70% of your water source. Lets go with his 70 PSI for now but that sounds a little high in expectation. How far is the well from the field/fields and is it downhill or up hill from them? That all matters.

I just studied the Hunter plan for a soccer field and I see the differences in design from my experience. Pipe sizing is important so you don't exceed velocity which destroys it from within. They're using I20's and and I know about those. We can get you rolling fairly quick. But not tonight, I'm done! lol

I just studied the Hunter plan for a soccer field and I see the differences in design from my experience. Pipe sizing is important so you don't exceed velocity which destroys it from within. They're using I20's and and I know about those. We can get you rolling fairly quick. But not tonight, I'm done! lol
PM me an email address. I'll send you a pdf of the field. It's actually multiple soccer fields of different sizes, so I just want to look at it as one entity. I planned to use I20's as well.

The well is right on the edge of the field. It has very little elevation change from the well to the flat of the field. Maybe 3-4' for 10-15' of distance.

Back