anyone ever been to gulches offroad park in south carolina? how is it?

Small park, short trails. However that doesn't mean its easy...there are some serious technical runs there. It is a great place to visit and Skip (and crew) are great people!

Its a great park, I can hit every trail at Uwharrie in a day, with ease... Its much harder at Gulches... If you think Uwharrie is difficult, dont bother with Gulches.

Gulches is pretty difficult, but probably my favorite park around.

The nice thing about Gulches is that if your rig is not so built then you can still go and have a good time. It's not like most places with miles of trails, it's more like going from obstacle to obstacle. You can generally go around what you don't want to run, and then enjoy watching the big boys break their shit on the stuff that's too hairy for your rig. Definitely a fun park.

I heard uwharrie in a showroom stock jeep would be fun:confused: ,,and gulches has a couple decent spots but mostly mudd holes ??

I heard uwharrie in a showroom stock jeep would be fun:confused: ,,and gulches has a couple decent spots but mostly mudd holes ??

Not true about the mudholes. I know there are a couple but it is mostly trails and obstacles. I hate mud and love gulches unless it's raining.

So far gulches is my favorite place to go. Defiantly worth the trip!

Gulches is great for stock, mild, and fully built rigs. Biggest difference from URE, is that at URE you will ride the trail for quite some time before getting to the obstacles. At Gulches, the trail is the obstacle :)

It is a private park - but open to the public. There's a fee to ride there, but it's open to everyone just about every weekend.
Ok thanks I guess I was told wrong gonna have to plan a trip soon then.

I recommend Gulches as well. Skip does a great job with the place. Yes, it's small (only about 80 acres) but there is more in that 80 acres than all of URE wheeling wise. There are trails there for all vehicles and skill levels which is why our club plans several Gulches trips each year. We have stock jeeps with little driver experience to buggies in our group so it's a perfect fit. Also another benefit is since all the trails are so close to one another it allows for people to watch rigs on trails they choose not to run. The traffic around the trail system also functions great because most all trails are directional, thus not generating oncoming traffic and all the delays with that. You can also camp but it's 'roughing it' more than the URE campgrounds.

Anyone who would like to go but has never been could hook up with our club during one of our trips down there if you want.

Just went last month for the first time and loved it so much we are going back next month. A lot of challenge in such a small place lol.

Duane

Been wheeling at Gulches since it opened and it is one of my favorite places to ride.
Skip and Lydia went out on a limb and spent their retirement savings to buy the place.
Badass! Trails are mild to wild, pick your poison.
Tell Skip that you know me and he will charge you double price, JK!
Later, Paul...

And speaking of camping at Gulches, make sure you bring your swim trunks. The camp site is down by a river that is awesome at the end of a hot dusty day of wheeling.

Back