Anyone ever camped at Badin Lake Campground, Uwharrie, NC?

buddyantunez1

Hey guys,

Looking to make 1 last Fall URE trip in November and Arrowhead is already booked up. So I'm looking at alternative camping areas.

I've camped in the Art Lilly parking lot, but the drive to Arrowhead for showers and water wasn't much fun.

I know Badin Lake has water and showers, but no electricity, which isn't a big deal in November. Just looking to see if anyone has any pics or info. I would imagine it's mostly fishers, hikers and general campers. Is it normal to see Jeeps/rigs camping there as well?

Also want to see if they have room for a Diesel and Trailer in most spots.

Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

Badin Lake is our favorite spot. If you can get site 14, it has a long driveway, it's flat and plenty of room for truck/trailer combo's (plus lake access). Several other sites there have long driveways as well.

You'll love it.

Haven't been there yet, but if you google "Best camping in NC", Badin Lake seems to always be hands down overall #1.

Speaking of Google, if you Google "badin Lake campground", the first picture that comes up is my camper sitting in site#14 from 2005 or so. Someone at BringFido.com pulled it off the internet (my old Flickr account) and is using it.

aencrypted_tbn3_gstatic_com_images_7f602f1cd548ee29783f15fa841acb10._.jpg

Back