anyone here had any dealings with Tarheel metal buildings?

Trailmaster C

I am looking to get a building from them. Just curious if one here had any thing to do with them??
Thanks,
Bradley C

No, but I got mine from www.versatube.com. Compare and get what you want. I put mine up myself. Had my daddy help for a couple days. Mine is 24' wide by 20' deep with 10' wall height. Full R10 insulation. 10'x10' commercial roll up door. My kit was around $6500. I put it up over Christmas. Very good company to deal with. The salesman that I was working with had a medical emergency and was out for a week. His supervisor and a couple others at the company finished up my order and things went flawlessly.

ai320.photobucket.com_albums_nn330_sgtbriangreen_FRAME_zps7c0475dd.jpg

ai320.photobucket.com_albums_nn330_sgtbriangreen_shop_zpsa998e126.jpg

Thanks for reply!
Great lookn building!
I have been wanting a building for 20 yrs !!!!!
The one I have priced is a 30x48x12 around 18k with concrete and they will install everything!
I wish I had the time to do it and the know how but I think it will be better if I let someone else do it!
Great price from what I have priced !
Thanks,
Bradley C

I am looking at putting in a standard carport now, haven't decided who to use so if anyone nows of a good supplier in the Hickory Lincolnton area hit me up.

I'm looking at an I-beam steel building from Heritage Buildings. I WANT a 40x60 with a 20ft shelter down the 60ft side, but I may go a little smaller to save some money. Concrete is expensive! I have a 32x50 where I am now, but it's a wood building and only has standard 7x8 doors, which suck. The inside ceiling height is only 9'4 too....kinda useless for working on vehicles over stock height.

My uncle said he used to install these kind of buildings, so I figure I can put it up myself once it warms up. Rent a skyjack and get a bunch of friends with drills and give them a bucket of screws to put up the siding. :popcorn:

I went with TNT Carports for my cheap 18x20 building. I ordered last winter but had to wait until spring to put it up because I was waiting on my concrete guy and it was so wet. If you order when they are not busy ( winter) they can give you a better deal. I think my 18x20 fully enclosed with roll up door was around $2500 not including concrete. I can get some pictures later if you want.

I'm looking at an I-beam steel building from Heritage Buildings. I WANT a 40x60 with a 20ft shelter down the 60ft side, but I may go a little smaller to save some money. Concrete is expensive! I have a 32x50 where I am now, but it's a wood building and only has standard 7x8 doors, which suck. The inside ceiling height is only 9'4 too....kinda useless for working on vehicles over stock height.

My uncle said he used to install these kind of buildings, so I figure I can put it up myself once it warms up. Rent a skyjack and get a bunch of friends with drills and give them a bucket of screws to put up the siding. :popcorn:

I would go ahead with your original plan and build it the size you want it. To save some $$, I would leave the lean to with just gravel 4" below the concrete level. This way, a few years down the road, you can pour the concrete.

Yeah, if I'm going to do it...might as well do it big! The quote I got for the package with the doors where I wanted, the shelter/lean to, and everything was 17k fro Heritage. Not bad really. Allied wanted 39,900, but I could get it for 21,500 if I ordered to be delivered within 3 months! Not sure where the price difference comes from...but that steered me away immediately. The feet for the shelter will have concrete footers so they can be bolted down and I'll just have a slight slope and then I can pour under the shelter later. It may wind up being easier to do it all at once, but it certainly won't be cheaper. I want to put a 10x10 pad in front of the door on the eave end too and it will also have a small cover over it.

I thought about a cheaper style building, but we had a tornado come through this piece of property in April of 2011. I figure it might rip all the roof and siding off, but the structure will probably still be there. Plus, the 40x60 size wouldn't be very sturdy if it was made of thin wall, box tubing, even if they are double trussed.

To the OP, I've heard good things about Tarheel. Two friends recently (within the last year or so) have had buildings put up by them. They did good work and the prices were very reasonable. I haven't heard anything bad from either person. If it doesn't come with it, you'll want to insulate it somehow or it will sweat and that gets pretty aggravating. Also make sure the roof seams are sealed tight. Another buddy's dad had a few leaks in his and I'm sure you can imagine how annoying it is to have water hit you in the back of the neck while you're working.

FWIW, I got a quote from allied also. I told them that it was over my budget (which it was) and they dropped the price by $2k in the reply email. Maybe try that and that savings will be enough for the concrete under the lean to.

Have not posted to this as my land has been too wet to build but as of today the grading is done pad is level and I am ready to build!!!
I went with TarHeel Metal hope it turns out good! Will post some pics later!
Thanks!,
Bradley C

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS COMPANY TOO ANYONE!
SO I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR FROM THEM AND WHEN I DID I TOLD THEM I WAS ABOUT ONE WEEK FROM BEING READY.......BECAUSE OF ALL THE RAIN AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO WORK ON THE LAND !
SO I CALL THE NEXT WEEK TO TELL THEM I WAS READY AND I HAD WENT TO GET THE PERMIT INORDER
AND THEY WERE JUST WAITING ON THERE REPLY AS TO THEM BEING THE BUILDER!!!WELL NO REPLY ON FIRST DAY SO INSPECTION OFFICE RESENT THE FORM AND STILL NO REPLY SO FRIDAY I GO BY INSPECTION OFFICE TO SEE IF THINGS WERE GOOD AND STILL NO REPLY FROM TARHEEL!SO I CALL ASK WHY NO REPLY WAS TOLD SHE WAS BUSY WITH ANOTHER CUSTOMER WOULD CALL ME BACK WAITED THREE DAYS NO RETURN CALL SO I CALL AGAIN THAT IS WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS RESPONSIBE FOR PERMIT AND THEY WERE NOT WHICH MEANS ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG OR GOES WRONG IS ALL ON ME! SO I CALL INSPECTION OFFICE AND THEY SAY I CAN DO THAT BUT WOULD NOT ADVISE ME TO.SO I HAVE LOST THE 600 DEPOSIT AND HAVE A USELESS SET OF BS DRAWINGS TO SHOW FOR IT I EXCEPT THE FACT THAT I WILL NOT GET THAT BACK BUT LIVE AND LEARN...
ALSO THE CONCRETE WAS JUST GONNA BE POURED ONTO THE GROUNG WITH THE ASSUMPTION YOUR GROUNG IS HARD PACKED ENOUGH TO BE STABLE AND SOLID!!! THE BUILDING WAS "NOT" MOUNTED ON THE PAD JUST SET-UP ON TOP OF GROUND WITH MOBLE HOME ANCHORS HOLDING IT DOWN TO THE GROUND!!!!
I HAVE NEVER BUILD ANYTHING LIKE THIS SO I DONT KNOW HOW THINGS SHOULD BE BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING BEING BUILD THIS WAY! I HAVE ALWAY HEARD FOOTING, GRAVEL, THEN PLASTIC THEN POUR CONCRETE!
I AM NOT SURE WHAT I WILL DO NOW BUT THEY WILL NOT BE DOING ANYTHING FOR ME!
WHAT THEY WANT IS THE BUYER TO SAY THEY ARE THE BUILDER AND THEN CHARGE YOU 8K MORE TO HAVE IT BE INSPECTED! SIZE OF BUILDING WAS A GOOD DEAL BUT GLAD I AM NOT GETTING IT FROM THEM!
THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY HOPE OTHERS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME
BRADLEY C

@sgtbriangreen Allied told me some STUPID stuff. Something like...if I ordered it within the next 30 days, they could cut the price down to 22k. So...where does all that extra cost come in to play? That was when I decided to go with Heritage. I actually called and talked to the same guy each time and he was awesome to deal with and drew up exactly what I wanted. No runarounds, no misinformation, no bull crap.

@Trailmaster C Does anybody around you have an outbuilding? If so, just go knock on their door and ask them about it. Never hurts, plus you can actually see what you'll be getting and you can get their opinion on their dealings with said company.

I got sick of the run around from just about all the companies in SC and NC that I could find. Most of the cheaper metal barns cannot have a permit unless you spend an extra 3k. I just put my down payment on a pole barn from www.hansenpolebuildings.com very prompt with the initial request for design and very prompt for any changes i requested before putting the down payment down. They are not a instillation copany so I am having two local guys put it up with my help. Engineered plans with a NC stamp were $290 it will be engineered to higher standards than my county requested.

Dave

I have a contact for do-it-yourself kits delivered within say 50 miles of Creedmoore NC area if anyone is looking? Wasn't me but I have 1 reference that bought from him and did it his self and he was super happy. I just know the dude for his logistics service (he has a roll back). He might deliver further but you'd be better off going and getting it if you have the means. Great guy but after talking the other day, I'd bet even he would recommend you do it yourself for he's got tremendous amounts of work right now. But he throws in extra bolts and screws.

I think even "Hen's Tooth Pullers" have tremendous amount of work these days... I've been looking for another helper for 2 months myself. Usually got people in line for $15 hour cash paid daily? Had to beg a helper for tomorrow after our day jobs for a few hours. Even food and beer is provided. Times are good right now for the man that wants work! I started turning work away this week for first time in my side work perfession.

I got sick of the run around from just about all the companies in SC and NC that I could find. Most of the cheaper metal barns cannot have a permit unless you spend an extra 3k. I just put my down payment on a pole barn from www.hansenpolebuildings.com very prompt with the initial request for design and very prompt for any changes i requested before putting the down payment down. They are not a instillation copany so I am having two local guys put it up with my help. Engineered plans with a NC stamp were $290 it will be engineered to higher standards than my county requested.

Dave
Thanks for the info I just submitted a quote on there web page... I hope the dont hound me like most salespeople.

I ordered a 36 X 40 X 14 should be here July 16th
How much and what is included? I'm just about finished with my 34x40x14...

My 100 plus page building guide just arrived. Got an email and phone call about a code question for entry door. So far Hansen has been great. Stamped building plans should be done soon.

Back