Anyone Running 37" Iroks or close???

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
Hey anyone want to do me a huge favor and measure your actuall tire size for me? I want to run the 37x14 Iroks on my blazer but obviously don't have a set to build my suspension around, but i do have several other sets of tires that are kinda close that I could use to mock up the suspenion with. So i was just wondering if anyone could be awsome enough to measure the "actual" heigth and width of your irok with air in it but not on the vehicle, just sitting there if you have a 37" irok (doesn't have to be 14 wide, whatever width you have still aught to be aight).

Mucho Gracias in advance

2KFLEXJ said:
try interco's website I believe they have the exact size listed there. -steve

If you believe Interco's chart, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma to sell ya...

37x14 IROK's are around 36-36.5 tall, and MUCH more squared off than the 36" versions.

Try a search on Pirate (if you can) for the thread comparing 36 and 37 Iroks and 37 MTRs. I remember it from a few months back, probably Gen4x4 section. A guy posted some side by side comparison pics and all his measurements on and off the rig. The search doesn't work for me since I haven't pony'd up the cash.

Edit: Found this link with Google. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331039

Rich said:
If you believe Interco's chart, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma to sell ya...
37x14 IROK's are around 36-36.5 tall, and MUCH more squared off than the 36" versions.

I'm sorry.

The height of the tire also varries with the rim size so y'all keep that in mind when comparing others findings.

37" iroks

Ive got a set 37x14x 16.5 rims and on H1 rims (8" wide) at 20 psi they are pretty big 37"+. Sitting beside a set of mounted 36x12.5's on 10" rims they are WAY bigger. I can measure actual tonight. I dont think that they are squared more than the 36's on the wide rims, but may be moreso than 36's on 8" wide rims. Will PM pics if I have time.

2KFLEXJ said:
I'm sorry.
The height of the tire also varries with the rim size so y'all keep that in mind when comparing others findings.

Good point. The ones I looked at were on 15x10's.

When i was a 4wp today one dude had a set on his cj, he had bout 2/3 or more tread left and they measured out to about 35.5 with the jeep sitting on them, unfortunatly he only had em on some 8" wide rims so i couldn't get a good width measurement that pirate thread had some pretty good info, i can just see with them mounted on those 11.5" wide rims I have beein super fat, lol.

37's

Ok, my NEW 37's on 8" rims measure exactly 36" with the CJ sitting on them with 25 PSI.

Yea thanks man, I believe the guy a 4wp had 35 psi in his and they measured out to about 35.5" tall. He did have a 360 in his cj thou so maybe thats why it sat a little lower than yours did.

I'm pretty sure with the 37x14 Iroks on the blazer, with spring over, about 2" of shackle lift and the fenders trimmed out im still gonna have to run the 3" body lift to clear the 37's. Granted i could throw some add a leafs in there but that would just reduce flex and only give me like 1" of lift when i really need more than that.

I have the blazer sitting spring over on the 14 bolt right now and it looks like it would barely clear the 31" roller tires that I have on there now if i flexed so pretty sure the body lift is gonna have to be done.

If you are tubing out the front, why not just slice up the rear quarter panels as needed to make the tires clear, rather than a body lift? Like the "comp cut" you see on a lot of Jeeps. Cut out the inner fenderwells too if you have to, and just cover with some sheetmetal to keep the interior sealed if you care.

yea i talked about it in another thread, i'm def gonna be cutting the wheel well out and extending it width wise by rewelding new metal like you suggested so that there will be planty of room to stuff the 37's width wise. The problem is I can't cut the wheel well upward because the blazer is a 4 door and the rear doors wrap around the fender.

Back