Anyone up for a New Years Rhodehiss Dam run?

Cool, so... 11:00? Any body goin just gimme a call 448 8871. I'll park in the loop... see ya there.....:bounce2:

Gonna be closer to noon for me....

Had a lot of fun! Definitely want to go back soon.

Managed to break a shock hoop and somehow killed some of my LED's. Oh well, I can zip tie the shock hoop back to keep it running okay for now. :lol:

EDIT*

Zip ties did the trick! Ready to go once again!

^^ If you built the kit, it may have a few extra, mine did. I found alluminum hoops on e-bay also.

After playing around today, my next upgrade is gonna be lipo's. My old Nimh are in need of replacing anyway.

It was cool to meet a few new people today. We gotta do it again soon. Maybe next time I can stay longer.

I figured out why my tires had those flat spots in them.

I was stripping down the truck to clean it up and realized the spare tire had the same flat spots. I guess the pressure difference from Boone to here was the cause...so I had to tear down every tire :rolleyes:. Oh well, Im gonna paint the wheels black anyways.

"I guess the pressure difference from Boone to here was the cause"

I had the same problem, the cold temps "sucked" my tires in.

When I originally mounted my tires, they were a tad small for my liking, plus with foams on a sealed rim, the were a tad soft. I took one side of the bead lock off and stuck them in the freezer for 1 hour. Pull them out and installed the bead locks before they had time to warm up. After reaching room temperature, they had grown almost 1/4 inch in diameter and gotten firmer. They worked perfect with the extra weight of the Wraith. However, like a dummy, I didn't think about what the colder temps would do. They shrank almost 1/4 inch from the original size and when they flexed climbing over a rock, they stayed that way. I had never ran a "sealed" bead lock before now, something to keep in mind I guess.

You guys don't vent your rims? They work 10 times better vented. Also what foams are you running? If you are running memory foams is change them out during the winter months, the suck when its cold.

I dont vent my rims because I run through water quite a lot. Id rather have sealed tires than wet memory foam.

I dont vent my rims because I run through water quite a lot. Id rather have sealed tires than wet memory foam.
Memory foam doesn't work well at all under 50 degrees and the benefits of a vented rim out ways the wet foams.(All you have to do is squeeze the tire one and a time to make the tire piss the water out) The performance gain alone is a huge difference. But I understand everyone's reasoning for doing things their own way I was just wanting to let you know you could get better traction and more performance out of a vented tire or rim set up.

On my Axial crawler, I ran cut foams and vented wheels.

On the Wraith, because of the weight, I run full foams and sealed wheels, it seems to help cornering.

On my scale crawler, it looks like sealed rims and no foams is going to work pretty good.

I didn't mind the vented wheels on the crawler because I kept it in the dry. But on the scaler, because I plan on being in the water, I have to agree with macdaddy, I hate wet foams.

Back