April 20th Workday Postponed

tsconver

Hi Everyone – I hope you’re all doing well. This week the recreation staff has been off-site all week at training so we haven’t been able to get everything prepared for this weekend. Our OHV contractor has not made it over to Dutch John or Dickey Bell Trails yet. I know there are a lot of issues on Dutch John Trail and OVERT has pulled several people off the trail this week. Thanks a lot to the OVERT folks for pulling these folks off the trails. I appreciate it. Our contractor will be moving over to Dutch John Tr on Monday and I asked him to do the maintenance on Dutch John Tr next week since it is going to be very rainy tomorrow. With this weekend being Easter (sorry I didn’t check that earlier) and the storm that is coming through tomorrow I’d like to cancel this weekend’s work day and move it to April 27th. I know some of you were already planning on coming up this weekend. I’m hoping the storm tomorrow doesn’t do too much damage. If it is treacherous this weekend I’d suggest folks stay off the trails this weekend. Mike & Emily will be patrolling the district and I’m going to have him take his chainsaw with him. If there are issues of trees down on the trails or roads let them know while they’re patrolling and they’ll try to get to them.

For Saturday, April 27th we’re planning on finishing putting up guardrail at the top & bottom of the Dickey Bell Trail hill climb. We’ll always clear downed trees & limbs if needed and pick up trash. Meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am to get started. All of the posts & guard rails are staged at the Flatwoods Trailhead.

Enjoy your Easter weekend. Thanks for all of your help. Bye - Terry

Back