April 26th 2014 workday.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Just getting this out there as a reminder that it is coming up and that it is not on the 19 th.

At this time I myself do not know what is on the schedule but I am sure @snappy does.

Terry is up dating that list and will have out to us the begining of next week.....

Gonna need to do some work on Wolf Den. The logs have been taken out. Trails were slicker than snot shit today.

Yep. ^^^
We went up Daniel and it was a mess. First ledge is totally back to how it was last year, the hill climb is nasty. Right side was impassable with the water, and even the left side had been dug out pretty good. The only good news is that the second ledge has held up and was safe to drive.

There is a new illegal bypass starting to form on the hill climb, on the far right side in the trees. It looks like it would only take 2 short pieces of guardrail to block it off.

FYI, Carolina Broncos will not be there at this work day. There is a big event going on up in TN this weekend.

We took hay bales out to the tail ditches a few weeks ago. No idea if the contractor got to Dutch John or not. It wasn't done when we did the hay bales. If it is done and people are looking for something to do, they could be put down and staked in place. Easy job for a few folks.

He has not gotten everything done as of Sunday i know. But thanks for that info for them.

Unfortunately I will miss this work day and the next year's worth. May 1st I will be hitting the road in the JKU heading to California for a year so I will spend this weekend getting ready. I have met a lot of good people during the work days and to be honest will miss the time helping out.

Hate your not gonna be able to make it Derek. Really like having you out there, you'll be missed for sure. The road trip in the JK sounds fun though, better get some west coast wheeling in while your out there.

CNC4x4 will be having their annual Spring event this weekend. A couple of us are going down early and will pick up trash on Slab Pile and also inventory any areas that need work. We plan to do some hiking also and will inventory the hiking trails.

Terry's email is down. I did the short hand on her notes so here we go...

1. Dickie Bell. Install guard rail at hill climb and add on to existing rail to block off bypass.

2. Slab pile. Block off "short" cuts where slab pile and dutch john come together and 2 other spots...

3. Wolfes den... Darren will be working a crew to recover the creek crossing(hope to have you rip rap there before then....)

Hay bails will be next month or alt work days(2 different crews wanting to help out on a sunday so that may be a ggod task)

Lunch will be a bag lunch provided by the outpost, A head count will need to be run to the outpost after sign in.

Do we have any idea of people coming out here ? Also do we not need to do some work on Daniel still ?

I'll take up leading the Dickey Bell crew. Not sure how many we are gonna have but let's hope it ain't just me and Darin.

Got a lot if work done on Dickey Bell but ran out of supplies. Had 10 or 12 people out there today. Many thanks to all who came out. Please remember to thank Chris at the Outpost next time you are up there for the lunch today.

Had another good workday with you guys. Great work and great talking with you all.

Had a blast today at the workday, me and Wes and his buddy in the FJ rode basically rode every trail except Dutch, front side of Daniel and part of rml.

Had a great time out at the work day, glad to meet some good people and trail the rest of the day with Chris! Ready for the next one

Back