Are these coilovers worth the money????

Slut99

I'm looking to swap coilovers on the front of my TJ.

Has anyone used these? Good or bad? I'm on a budget so I can't afford much..

You can get then in any size and set up for any weight rig.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-19-09-32-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-19-09-32-33.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 493
Some have complained of them leaking and just the quality control sucks of them. I've had to go through a set for someone before, but mainly because the shop that set the up did a piss poor job.

I believe their shim stacks for the valving are pretty weird

Some have complained of them leaking and just the quality control sucks of them. I've had to go through a set for someone before, but mainly because the shop that set the up did a piss poor job.

I believe their shim stacks for the valving are pretty weird

For the money are they decent?
The shop that sets my quad shocks up can valve these or replace seals with quality parts when they are needed coilovers are pretty cheap and easy to service.

Wasn't my jeep so I can't tell you. But these were all kinds of jacked up but came apart perfectly fine. If I were buying a coilover I would buy something that takes as little tuning and work as possible

I put a set of 16" x2.5" foas on the back of the f150 in my profile pic two years ago. They've been leak and trouble free for me. I just rechecked the nitrogen charge pressure this past summer and its still the same. Truck sees about 2000 miles a year wheeling ure, the Flats and Harlan, plus occasionally cruising to work or driving it to play with the fuel injection tuning.

I worried about the reliability too after reading reviews online but in the end my budget made the decision. I could have just been lucky LOL
aimages.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_19_44227978a0aab805fe667772d8b6aa96.jpg

I have coilovers and love them if I was to do it again I would buy brand new fox shocks from alltec and have them valved before I got them they also will swap out springs for free till there right if I had known it would have saved me a lot of efford

Don't blow your money on those!
Invest in fox and have the piece of mind of knowing that if you have an issue it can be taken care of locally as a few of us vendors can get parts fast and do repairs easily on them.
Accutune offroad is a vendor on this forum his screen name is TRD. I have used him and plan on using him on more projects.
He was able to get me what I wanted, tuned them to my specs and shipped out fast for less than retail.

Last edited:
I see these threads quite frequently. I never usually comment because I do not have coil overs but it always seems like the less expensive ones have more complaints and then once you factor in purchasing a couple different sets of springs (since it is all trial and error) that you really don't save much.

I bought ORIs, yes they are not "cheap" at @$1200/pair but I didn't have to buy anything else. They have all the adjustability I needed built right in. Yes, I needed to build/buy a Nitrogen rig to charge them, but then you would need that with a coil over anyway to recharge it once you get done changing any valving. I built mine on the cheap and saved a few hundred $$.

But back to topic in point, I'd listen to a few of the others on there and buy a quality shock. As said already you can find local support and parts. You won't remember spending a few extra dollars now if you don't have issues but you will remember spending less if you end up paying more to fix them later. It's the same conversation as with tools. Good tools are never a bad investment. If means you have to wait a little longer to get them, so be it.

*Edited to add*: I have Fox 2.0 Air Shocks on the rear and love them.

Last edited:
Black or blue, but I prefer black....

Fox or Fox, maybe king, but definitely Fox

Best guy in the shock business personally told me which brand was the best, guess what color it was...

Thanks Chris!

Coilovers are something that will last you a lifetime so it's worth saving up for the good ones.

When it comes to 2.0 coilovers Fox is the best because they're nearly the same price as King but have a better piston, better oil, better seals, and a much better piston rod.

And yes, everything I sell comes pre-tuned to your vehicle, your terrain and your driving style.

-Ryan

I went down the budget route for suspension. Once.

Then I woke up from that dream, and have gladly spent the money for Fox every time. On every vehicle.

They're still not as bad as Ranchos :lol:

Seriously though, Fox or king. I had 16 2.0 Fox on my last rig. Only other brand I would consider again may be Profender. Very similar to Fox and not near as $$ as Kings.

Bumping an old thread, any more recent FOA interactions or opinions?

I stumbled on thread from pirate that was from 17’ where a guy said from ordering, setup, customer service was great. Said he’s been running them for a year and they are still great. Says they have addressed all their earlier issues.

FOA COILOVER SHOCKS - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Just curious if anyone dealt with these recently and if they have improved?

Bumping an old thread, any more recent FOA interactions or opinions?

I stumbled on thread from pirate that was from 17’ where a guy said from ordering, setup, customer service was great. Said he’s been running them for a year and they are still great. Says they have addressed all their earlier issues.

FOA COILOVER SHOCKS - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Just curious if anyone dealt with these recently and if they have improved?

Still junk IMO. Still have terrible seals.

Not worth the money. Profender is much better quality but is in similar price range.

Usually worth the price to step up to Fox for the actual difference.

If I were buying today, it would be Fox,
/Radflo or ADS. Then maybe king.

I had profender on my last buggy and loved them. I have no complaint about them. I just recently bought another set of profender 2.0 coilovers on my new buggy. Getting parts and support for them is really easy and good too.

2.0 Coilover

Back