Are we out of the woods yet?

kaiser715

Doing hard time
I'm itching to de-winterize the motorhome....BUT...we always get that last freeze that kills the peach buds and puts snow on the daffodils. The long-range forecast keeps us above freezing for the next 14 days...that'll get us right near April, almost.

For those that have RV's/campers, when do you think you'll get the water running again??

I did yesterday. Worst case, i run the heat for a night or 2 to keep it from freezing up......

Best thing I ever did was switch to blowing the lines out with compressed air. Takes longer to pull the compressor/dryer/regulator out to the camper than it does to "winterize" it. We're often camping in November and December.

I use the compressor on mine also but mine is so simple very few lines my top go's up very easy there is some ware on the camper where the arms for the lift mount but it's light junk wood and has not gotten worse in the year I have had it so I just let it go for now

When I got mine, they charged the water system to demo everything on the walkthru. Got home about 6 that evening, and temps were hitting 20 at night....so I had to do an ASAP winterize after dark. First time figuring it out, so I just went with the pink stuff. Will blow out next year.

I keep a few gallons of the pink stuff in holding tank. Camp pull drain caps, drain water heater, by pass, run 12 volt pump, pink fluid in lines some in trap done. Ready to use, replace caps, plug water heater, put out of by pass. Hook up fresh water flush, done. Works great and re winterized in 15 minutes. I rarely pull the house to a place without fresh water. If I do just just flush and done. Blowing it out and carrying around lines and such through the unit sucked to much for me. Buy the pink stuff off season and it's dirt cheap. The rest is just pushing a button and a few caps.

Also works good when camping a good ways off and driving home in freezing temps. Rewinterize on the spot drive home.

I'm either gonna have a new to me tow vehicle or get mine back from college.
Either way, It's not a motorhome, but I hope to be camping within the new 4-5 weeks.
If I don't some vacation time, Imma be makin' the 6 o'clock news .......

Matt

Back