AT&T installer strike?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Anyone heard anything about a strike with AT&T installers? Had an appointment this morning and it got abruptly canceled so I called and was told it was do to a “work stoppage”.

Man ...if it werent for NDAs...have I got a story to tell.

When is the next get together? I need alcohol and a no recording policy...

Man ...if it werent for NDAs...have I got a story to tell.

When is the next get together? I need alcohol and a no recording policy...
yer gonna have to hold that sh$t in until December

They came to my house to replace the fiber line. Said there would be no charge. Charged me $105. Call and text my ‘account manager’ with no response. I guess I’ll try to take it up with their customer service. Was trying to avoid that time sink.

Oh, and I let it slip to my account manager that my company pays my internet because I work from home. My bill instantly went up $5/month. :mad:

I worked on the design side of telecom for 7+yrs. None of that sounds wierd at all. ATT was our biggest customer. The whole industry is nothing but a ladder of subcontractors doing exactly that; contract work. ATT is the worst for demanding more and more work for the same or less money. I get that it's a business and they're trying to turn a profit. But it ain't exactly a hobby for all those subs either.

I worked on the design side of telecom for 7+yrs. None of that sounds wierd at all. ATT was our biggest customer. The whole industry is nothing but a ladder of subcontractors doing exactly that; contract work. ATT is the worst for demanding more and more work for the same or less money. I get that it's a business and they're trying to turn a profit. But it ain't exactly a hobby for all those subs either.
I think the term used in a recent FCC filing was predatory and manipulative business practices...be interesting to see where that goes.

They came to my house to replace the fiber line. Said there would be no charge. Charged me $105. Call and text my ‘account manager’ with no response. I guess I’ll try to take it up with their customer service. Was trying to avoid that time sink.

Oh, and I let it slip to my account manager that my company pays my internet because I work from home. My bill instantly went up $5/month. :mad:
They just raised their rates $5 for everyone. Mine went up to $55 a month or two ago.

I signed up for att fiber like 7 years ago. At the time it was a deal for 70 per month forever. Then my rate went up a year ago. Of course I can’t find any proof of the deal in all the things I kept. So att told me too bad. They are the new twc

Back