Atv'ing as a family activity

Jmauld

I grew up riding ATVs as a kid. Recently, my wife and I have been discussing buying some ATVs and riding them as a family activity.

So I start researching and it looks there a lot of new laws about kids riding these things. We have a 6 yr old, and it seems that he's just SOL? The state won't let him ride one until he is 8.

I guess if we want to do this we can only legally let him ride a dirt bike? That doesn't make any sense to me?

I grew up riding ATVs as a kid. Recently, my wife and I have been discussing buying some ATVs and riding them as a family activity.

So I start researching and it looks there a lot of new laws about kids riding these things. We have a 6 yr old, and it seems that he's just SOL? The state won't let him ride one until he is 8.

I guess if we want to do this we can only legally let him ride a dirt bike? That doesn't make any sense to me?

You are correctly interpreting that law. I don't agree with some of it but they can also uphold the law on your private residence. So I don't make a public display or mouth off about my children enjoying themselves under adult supervision.;)

You are correctly interpreting that law. I don't agree with some of it but they can also uphold the law on your private residence. So I don't make a public display or mouth off about my children enjoying themselves under adult supervision.;)

:lol: mouthing off :lol: Good for you.Keepem straight out there.

GUESS I'm going to jail.....got my little girl one at 3 and my son started riding before he was two :Rockon: Supervision and proper PPE is a must and I don't need the state to tell me the right age to ride an ATV:shaking:

I can testify that they both ride better than most grown ups. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Back