Auto immune in dogs!? Anybody?

C.Berry

Bad News
So my dog became lame I went to a vet and he said lime disease without doing any tests gave him meds and a shot. Two days later my dogs face starts swelling and feet and he starts itching and licking so put a cone on him and took him back next day vet said was spider bite gave him another shot and said he told me to stop giving him amoxicillin... (which he did not) so now I’m at my third vet and he’s telling me he has a auto immune disease possibly, he doesn’t think any of this was caused by allergic reaction to amoxicillin or spider/snake bite etc. I don’t know what the fucks going on but our poor dogs face is basically infected and rotting off when he started swelling he had sores pop up all over his body that have went down now but are scabs! He has infection oozing out of him from his stomachs and chest apparently that’s how dogs body get rid of it naturally? Anyone have any experience with this in dogs? I’ll warn you these pics of him are nasty so weak stomachs don’t look! This happened extremely fast within 2 weeks have blood work Coming back on mon! 75 year old vet with 50yrs exp said he’s never seen anything g like it also said he’s never seen a dog walking, eating,drinking water, and using bathroom with his temp as high as it was when I took him to them he was at 105.6 degrees for two days! This shit sucks terribly bc I can’t fix it
0C742F98-2B2F-4635-9814-325483157C61.jpeg
3A208A38-4596-4EA2-BCFC-8A5DBD4B7CED.jpeg
A37D8355-C589-4973-8C28-49AFA5C2B391.jpeg
4677FB3A-460E-45AA-B252-E4294A3F1198.jpeg

Attachments

• A1720E6C-B320-43C5-992B-DB3B3A8DDB63.jpeg
    A1720E6C-B320-43C5-992B-DB3B3A8DDB63.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 128
Both sides of his face are like that also... smdh I’m so pissed off (my way of dealing with sadness I guess) and stressed over this situation I fucked up at work this morn and cut a 20’ piece of tube that was wrong thickness into 21” pieces!! I’m drained and feel like shit bc my dogs like this!

That’s crazy. I have no idea what’s going on, but what was he doing 2 weeks prior? Anything unusual? Did you remove or find any parasites?

That’s crazy. I have no idea what’s going on, but what was he doing 2 weeks prior? Anything unusual? Did you remove or find any parasites?
No I already did the blood test last week for any tick born illness heart worms and lime and all negative!

Vet said he didn’t think it was cancer either... blood test Monday I suppose will tell that!?

Pryor to him becoming lame and slow to get up and not wanna play he was fine tennis ball fetch for hour non stop no signs of anything out of the ordinary my 8 yr old dog isn’t having an issues neither is the damn pig or cat that my woman brought home!? Makes no sense really

I'm not any help, but I'm really sorry to read this. That shit looks terrible. I hope you get it figured out. I know you love your pup.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sorry to see a pup like this. Hope he heals quick!

You've probably already done the research, but a quick google found some interesting stuff on skin lesions/ulcers on dogs.

Skin Ulcers in Dogs - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost << this one is pretty short and to the point

PetCoach - Ask a Vet Online for Free, 24/7 <<<this link has a long list of possible problems, lots to sort thru

Did the vet do a biopsy sample from one of the areas, or a needle aspiration?

Have you made any food changes recently?

Did your vet say to put anything on the sores? Our pup got a cut/sore once on his paw, vet said to use a triple antibiotic (neosporin, etc). We then put a sock over his paw/lower leg, and taped the top snug so he wouldn't lick it.

I sent this thread to my sister who is a surgical tech at a major vet chain. She said the description and pics look consistent with an auto-immune disease like Lupus. She also said that auto-immune disease in dogs isn’t curable but can be controlled with steroid use. He may need to spend a couple days in an animal hospital to get it under control.

Pemphigus Foliaceus Is what I’m assuming it is which is auto immune disease very similar to lupus brought on by a allergic reaction to penicillin which was what the first vet gave him a shot of! Thanks a lot for the info and for sharing pics I’ve been reading on so many diff types of allergic reactions and skin diseases in dogs I’m confused on what’s what’s now... so many things it could have been in early stages I truly believe is one of the pemphigus diseases tho there’s a few of em apparently some really common in Brazil, so yeah this sucks terribly I’m gonna push him into recovery he’s a hard ass and i can be when needed so we’re gonna give it hell hopefully these meds help out! He just ate lil while ago and didn’t seem to be a problem, looked up like is there more!? Lol thanks again guys I’ll keep updated in case it can help someone in the future I’ll also post pics of what it started out looking like after the first vet visit!

These are the pics 3 days after first vet visit his snout and feet were swollen lymph nodes didn’t seem swollen tho small bumps started coming up on his back face and legs all at once and vet and myself both felt like the bumps were growing in diameter the 3 hours I was in the office! Prednisone seemed to clear up the sores or they all ruptured!? Ended pred this tue and now this infection has taken over all the spots he had scratched or where the sores were!
F76E2602-801A-4B5B-A12D-DECB7096C2D0.jpeg
9D5A3A0C-9F7E-4B61-BFCD-52084CD7A4EE.jpeg
13FA10DB-C6A0-4E6C-8EFB-18BD54378150.jpeg
6D8F700C-34C9-4B7F-A1E1-56D2BDBDA6B9.jpeg

Well I got to bed around 3-530 this morn he layed around and yelped over his paw like it had something in it the pad for awhile but I can’t see anything or he jerks away not sure what’s causing that!? He got right up this morn ate went out and is laying around breathing is smidge better until meds kick in then it gets shallow! Hoping this medicine does some work today tho, it’s a heavy dosage of pred and cephalexin I think it’s called so well see! Thanks all

So sorry to hear. My wife was a vet tech for a major emergency vet hospital here in Atlanta. She agrees that the first vet should've done more tests/biopsies. Following this hoping for the best.

Back