Automatic knives?

That is a very slippery slope. I personally carry a fixed blade hate foldes(lefty)

When it comes to "super" steels there is a give and take. Longer edge retention but harder (more time consuming) to sharpen. If I had to choose a super steel I'd be in the 3v camp, but if you really want to beat on it S7 is a good option. I don't know if anyone makes a folder in those steels though. My edc knives are al 80crv2
3v and S7 are not a common steel in folders at all actually. (At least, I don't know of any production or mid tech's in this flavor) but very true on super steels on not being easy to sharpen which is why I mentioned stropping. After I use any of my knives for anything other than cutting open mail or something small, I run them across the strop a few times, seems to really keep that edge maintained.

It looks like SOG has announced some ambi auto openers, with a thumb slide deploy button on both sides. I've never used an SOG auto, so no idea of the quality, but they are USA made it appears. D2 steel it looks like, cryo treated.

For the projected #130 online price (when it comes out), I may grab one for an EDC. BladeHQ says not out until July.

Last edited:
It looks like SOG has announced some ambi auto openers, with a thumb slide deploy button on both sides. I've never used an SOG auto, so no idea of the quality, but they are USA made it appears. D2 steel it looks like, cryo treated.

For the projected #130 online price (when it comes out), I may grab one for an EDC. BladeHQ says not out until July.
Ironically I saw the assisted sog at Walmart last night. Interesting on the new ambi auto

Update:

I spent some time at Hyatt and they had only one ambidextrous folding auto- The Benchmade mini Presidio II. I did not care for it, the auto was slow and felt cheesy. Good weight, but didn’t excite me.

They showed me a ZT semi auto and I’m telling you it flipped open more spring loaded than the actual full auto Benchmade. The weight was spot on for what I was looking for, ambidextrous, but really- I liked the unique curves and shapes cut into the blade. So I picked it up :).
2A3B8968-D226-4B1C-B9D4-D56A6B8F93DC.jpeg

Back