Avis - Not trying at all

Loudmouthbass

Made online reservation with Avis at noon for same day 8:00PM pickup at local airport. Prepaid to save a few $$. Arrive at rental counter, and told they don't have anything. Show her the confirmation email, and she says "if you made reservation less than 24 hours ahead of time, they don't know what we have available".

So Avis sucks, don't use them and be sure to read the fine print:

If you need to cancel 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time, we will refund the full prepaid amount, less a $50.00 USD processing fee. If you do not cancel your reservation within 24 hours of the scheduled pick-up time, a refund of the full prepaid amount, less a fee of $150.00 USD, will be charged. If you fail to pick up the car, entire prepaid amount will be forfeited.

They'll screw the customer for cancelling a reservation, but don't care if they cancel it.

Not surprised. I use Hertz through my company and have always been taken care of.

They're all a fawking scam!
I reserved a "Luxury Sedan" (Cadillac/Lincoln class) 6 months in advance with Enterprise and ended up with a tiny little Infinity QX30, because that's all they had on the day/time we arrived. My ass still hurts from being crammed into that thing along with wife, step-daughter, and a weeks worth of clothing for 2000 miles. :kaioken:

Next trip... will rent thru the local stealerships (Modern Chevy/Parkway Lincoln) to ensure we get exactly what we want! I'm sure it will cost more, but won't crammed like sardines or blown off the road by everything that passes or is passed.

I use Avis 3-4 times a month. I have never had an issue other then in Hickory. Nasty man hating woman, gave my reservation away to another customer. They stuck me in mini van and had to drive to the airport to get what I reserved. I only rent from the airport now, when I get there I don't have to speak to anybody, keys are waiting in the vehicle. My app tells me where it's at and I am gone in 60 seconds..

My company changed to enterprise....I pick up/drop off at airports. They staff are always super nice

I reserved a "Luxury Sedan" (Cadillac/Lincoln class) 6 months in advance with Enterprise and ended up with a tiny little Infinity QX30, because that's all they had on the day/time we arrived. My ass still hurts from being crammed into that thing along with wife, step-daughter, and a weeks worth of clothing for 2000 miles.

Oddly enough, my neighbor just went through a similar scenario earlier this week. He reserved a full-size van a while ago, but they couldn't fulfill his request when he went to pick it up.

@trailhugger might know which company it was through.

Best luck I’ve had is as a Hertz Gold Member, every other rental experience I’ve had has sucked. Only negative I’ve had out of hertz was once at LAX my reservation ended up being a ford Transit van...told them I wasn’t driving a rape van around in Gardena and got upgraded to a Suburban for free.

My company changed to enterprise....I pick up/drop off at airports. They staff are always super nice
How you don't have to go-to the one in hickory. Nice folks but slow as molasses.

Rented from Enterprise and a backup of Hertz on average of 325 days a year for well over 10 years. Enterprise was spot on about 90% of the time with the suburban or crew cab trucks we would reserve. A couple times they would have a pos trailblazer or an escape that’s when I would use Hertz for a large suv. Used Avis a couple times overseas and it was always a shit show. Did get offered to upgrade to the corvette a couple times at Hertz when they didn’t have what I reserved. I hope I never see the inside of another rental car again.

Last year our flight from Orlando to raleigh ws canceled. Booked a flight to Charlotte and rented a car through budget online. Got there and they had no cars with 3 people standing there really pissed off. Luckily for me, 30 min later, one showed up. A pos liberty, but it got us where we were going.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Back