AX-15 Shifting Issue

Dawnpatrol

Jesse Higgins
I wanted to get some insight from others on here who have more experience with the internals of the AX15 before I start tearing it down. The problem that I am having is that the shifter will not go to the right towards 5th or Reverse. There is a hard stop that is preventing movement. Per the attached picture, the shift collar (that the shifter inserts into) will not rotate towards the driver side. I checked the spring plunger at the top and it is not frozen. What are some possible causes of this issue?

1700308514660.png

Youre showing top view with shifter removed - but gunna ask anyways

Is this issue happen both when engine off and on?

Is this an issue that is right after a rebuild?

Youre showing top view with shifter removed - but gunna ask anyways

Is this issue happen both when engine off and on?

Is this an issue that is right after a rebuild?
Yes, the issue is present with the engine on and off.
I have not rebuilt the transmission, its been performing great for years.

I did loose the throwout bearing on the trail during this past trip. So when I would get bound up I would have to force it out of gear (both first and reverse at time) since I didn't have away to press the clutch in. I think by being rough on it in this way, something is jammed internally. Just not sure what that something is. I have plans to start tearing it down next week, but was hoping it might be something that could be fixed without splitting the entire transmission apart.

then i would guess reverse plunger is suck. there is the infamous 5th clear clip issue, but this doesnt quite sound like it because of the simultaneous reverse issue. My next guess would be sheared 3/4 synchros.

Back