ax10 throttle to reverse delay

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
My dad just bought an ax10 used last weekend for a pretty good deal, itsgot a few upgrades on it, mainly just suspension and links, but i dont know if it is just because it has a stock esc or not but if you try to go to full reverse right from full thottle it goes to like a brake first then you have to go back to neutral then go to reverse. Is there any way to fix this or do you have to get another ESC?, mine has the rooster crawler ESC and he likes it but hes not wanting to put much money in it right yet. Any help would be great, Thanks

You may be able to reprogram the ESC. Google it and you can find instructions, it's usually pretty easy. http://www.hrcracing.ch/pdf/manual_novak_rooster_crawler.pdf

Just keep in mind, going from full forward to full reverse is hard on the trans and drive shafts, if you have a motor with a lot of torque, you may be better off leaving it like it is.

just checked it out and he has the ae-1, from what i could find you cant change anything on it....with that being said, would anybody happen to have a ae-2 they would want to sell that they upgraded?, i believe that will be more to what he wants without having to put much money in it

I'll look tonight I think I have one. I just can't remember if it is a 1 or a 2.
let me know what it is, if its a 2 then ill probly buy it from you....i gotta get an esc for mine now too, for some reason my rooster crawler decided it wanted to fry everything inside of it so im kinda stuck right now untill i get another

let me know what it is, if its a 2 then ill probly buy it from you....i gotta get an esc for mine now too, for some reason my rooster crawler decided it wanted to fry everything inside of it so im kinda stuck right now untill i get another

Unfortunately it is a 1 with a stock 27 turn motor. It is like new though besides the battery connector was cut off. If you are interested let me know. If not I'll just put it back in my spare parts box.

just keep it in spare parts for now haha, thats what hes currently running....thanks though

Back