Axel Off Road helmets

I didn’t know this thread existed, but Ashley and I both have these helmets. Comfortable, breathable and obviously stylish...:smokin:
RESERVED

To be in first on giving you crap about how you should wear it while mounting / dismounting bead locks, but waiting until I know you a little better :flipoff2:

5FD899C6-FA67-4E60-A89F-1F0563FE9B81.jpeg
Didnt know why I was flicking the camera off, until now.

How do these fit? I hate buying headgear before trying them on....
Just got mine yesterday. My dome measured right at/just under the upper limit for a Medium helmet. I was worried that the medium would be too tight, but a large would be too loose. I got the medium, and it really fits perfectly. It is snug but doesn't feel like my head is squeezed in there. Seems like it is going to be comfortable to wear all day. I'll find out this weekend.

Planning a first time trip to the Hatfield McCoy system to ride bear wallow and ivy. Supposed to have a dot approved helmet even in the jeep. These axel helmets don't claim DOT ratings. Anyone know how strict they are about the brain bucket certification up there and would these satisfy anyone patrolling the trails? I figure they appear more legit than a bike helmet, but if there's some ocd park ranger looking for DOT stamps on my helmet I don't want to be kicked off the trails...

Would rather buy one of these that I'm more likely to wear on other trails than a full on DOT dome

Planning a first time trip to the Hatfield McCoy system to ride bear wallow and ivy. Supposed to have a dot approved helmet even in the jeep. These axel helmets don't claim DOT ratings. Anyone know how strict they are about the brain bucket certification up there and would these satisfy anyone patrolling the trails? I figure they appear more legit than a bike helmet, but if there's some ocd park ranger looking for DOT stamps on my helmet I don't want to be kicked off the trails...

Would rather buy one of these that I'm more likely to wear on other trails than a full on DOT dome
If it’s the younger Officer, he cares. We got several tickets at bear wallow despite having old Hatfield stickers on our non dot helmets.

Any know of anyone that makes the dot approved stickers 🤣

If it’s the younger Officer, he cares. We got several tickets at bear wallow despite having old Hatfield stickers on our non dot helmets.

Any know of anyone that makes the dot approved stickers 🤣
So how much is a non dot ticket? May still be worth it to get an axel helmet...

I know a guy who wore the Axel helmet while taking to the officer. With a beer in the console, and a cooler of beer between his legs. He all but said if you’re not acting a fool and bringing attention to yourself he isn’t going to bother you. But that was one particular person.

We wear them in, but not the whole time. No one has said a thing. And haven’t had anyone check anything.

Just order a pair. The Discount code still works too. Thanks for posting these Phillip.

I’ve had mine for a while now. I wear it often, and it’s been washed and rained in many times and holding up well.

Back