Back Surgery, Monday

rodney eppes

Finally getting it done! Monday, March, 21. Repairing 3 lumbar disc. Operation is called a Laminectomy, with Posterior Lateral Fusion. Which means it cost a lot. Good thing I got Medicare! It's outpatient, so I'll be back home in half a day. No driving for 2 weeks, or lifting over 5 pounds. Darn, going to have to buy
Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
1/2 gallon jugs! Full recovery is about 8 weeks, so I don't know about the OBX yet. I Will if I can! Now I'll have more time to read NC 4x4!

Good luck. I’ve had 3 back surgeries, all on the same disc! You will find immediate relief, though day 2 or 3 you’ll be hurting for awhile from the surgery as the pain meds wear off.
Once they fully release you to do whatever you want, start getting your core stronger. That has been key to my recovery. Strong core keeps everything where it should be.

Good luck Rodney. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

BAck surgery in my future as well. I am to have some fusions and some rods put in. No date for me yet though, I have to get my A1C down some more. I hope all goes well for you my friend.

Thanks everyone! Yesterday started out ok, but declined as it went on. Last night was the worst, with reactions to the medicines. That is passing now. Been wanting to get back here, but Mostly, I've been so sleepy. TV is bad enough, but the internet puts me to sleep, & I can't even get the words typed wright. This as far as I can get, so good night.

Rest up my friend!
Keeping you in my prayers brother!

Hope it all goes well Rodney. Hopefully you have a good care taker there with you!

Back