BAD driveshaft angle!

BOWTIEYJ

I'm working on a yj and ran into something I need some advice on. I've put a Chevy 350 in with a sm465 behind it. Under the rear is a spring over D60. It's got 6" of suspension lift and 2" of body. The axles are sitting at the stock wheelbase. So here"s the question. My driveshaft angle is TERRIBLE! I'm not interested in stretching it out. Does anyone out there have any answers? Any suggestions wound be great!!!

The rear pinion and tcase output need to be brought more in line obviously. Either lift the pinion by running flatter springs (less suspension lift) or drop the tcase. Also look at rotating the pinion with shims or repositioning the spring perches.

You are probably going to need a drive shaft with a high angle CV on the t-case. Do a little reading about them and it will explain more.

bad angle

Thanks alot for the input guys. I'll consider all of that, and look into those things further. If you should think of anything else, please add!!

I moved my engine and tranny down about 2-3" and slid it forward about 2 1/2". This is an old pic (1998) but I was running a 14B rear, 4" springs, 2" blocks and 3" body. You can see barely see the frt driveshaft and the angles not to crazy. You can try just dropping the case but with that much lift it whacks out your front driveshaft angle and it will bind up (output on frt of case will be pointing up slightly), that's why I say drop it all. I had to move/space my clutch linkage around, bend my headers up to clear and make a new tranny cover.

p369-1090410736.jpg

Back