Balancing super swampers

Im buying more airsoft BB's from walmart right now. I will put more in the front tires when I get home.
Also, at approx. 65 mph the truck starts to shake vertically. I can see my cb on the dash shaking straight up and down. It feels like Im driving over a thousand tiny speed bumps. at 60 mph there is no shaking, just some vibration.

I put 4oz more in each front tire and took it for a drive. Those 4 oz made a huge difference! The steering wheel hardly shakes at all anymore, just a little bit at about 45 mph but I didnt go faster than 50. Its nowhere near as bad as it was, but it feels like each front tire could use about 2 more ounces. Im not sure If I will break the front tires down and add more but I still need to add 4oz to the rear tires. Why is it I needed at least 12oz per tire when most peoples running bigger tires are only using 8-10oz?

One thing I noticed, is I used the small green ones (can't remember the count), second is your bias ply are harder to balance, and third, they could be seriously worn in certain places causing major out of balance problems.

I put 5 more ounces in the rear tires and 3 more ounces in the front. This brings the total weight to 15oz in each front tires and 13oz in each rear tire. That is all the BB's I have. I took it for a short spin and it drove even better but each tire still feels like it needs anouther ounce or two. Im going to leave ell enough alone and drive it like it is. I have not driven it on the highway since I put the beads in today but on the highway this morning the truck still shook real bad at exactly 65mph. I guess I will just have to keep it at 60 and below.

Back