Ballpark price for axle swaps and LA lift install

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
I am getting together a budget (and parts) for my next level on the ZJ. I am looking for a ball park price for a shop to install the following items for me.

Full 7" kit from Clayton Offroad including rear truss on axle
Replace rear D35 with Ford 8.8
Replace front lpD30 with hpD30 from XJ
4.88 Yukon gears front and rear
Lockrite in rear

I am going to already have all of the parts (at least that is the plan), so I am just wondering what the labor and shop fees might run me.

thanks! :beer:

Forgot to mention, if a vendor would rather PM me, feel free to do so.

Got some good responses via PM, just gonna bump this up to see if there are any others.

I'll do it for 1/3 of that, and I can even supply the parts!

Go D44 if your droping the coin for LA's and a swap..i dont see puttin a D30 back in it if your doing everything else.

Take a pad..write down parts, labor, misc costs..then double it. When you have that saved up you can do a swap!

whatever you budget....add 25-50% for the unknown/unexpected.

That's a pretty decent job, about 4k+ in parts. Do you have a sye yet? Something to keep in mind is that the shop will most likely have lower labor rates for you if you buy the parts through them, making it a win win for both.

I am getting together a budget (and parts) for my next level on the ZJ. I am looking for a ball park price for a shop to install the following items for me.
Full 7" kit from Clayton Offroad including rear truss on axle
Replace rear D35 with Ford 8.8
Replace front lpD30 with hpD30 from XJ
4.88 Yukon gears front and rear
Lockrite in rear
I am going to already have all of the parts (at least that is the plan), so I am just wondering what the labor and shop fees might run me.
thanks! :beer:

If I were doing it I would source "built" axles from someone upgrading or parting out.. It'll save you money in parts/labor. A HP30 could probably be found built for less than the cost of a new R&P/install kit/lockright .. Same with the 8.8

Thanks for the great info guys!

Back