Barnes front 3 link

Brownsxj

I have been looking at Barnes4x4 DIY 3 link 7/8 Heim kit. I want to use it on a Toyota front solid axle. Has anyone on here installed this on theirs yet? I see I will have a lot of cutting up to do.

I see and is proof of something I was worried about. Putting it at the driver upper link area will maybe get into my exhaust header. It will work one way or another. Just trying to think ahead. I’ve already been waiting close to a month for the kit to be available again and getting a little itchy to get it done.

3 links are fine if done right, I had a few issues due to rookie mistakes. If I were to do it all over again, I would just go 4 link from the get-go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be full hydro. I have the front chopped off at the moment. I have to play with some pvc to see what I can do.
D64DDECD-CC91-464A-B93B-6B0749AD58EF.jpeg

Yeah if you’re at that stage and going fill hydro, 4 link hands down.

I vote 4 link as well, you can outboard he upper link mounts on the frame side and get most of your triangulation needed. My rig when it gets tons will be going from a 3 to a 4 link. Nothing really wrong with them but if you're going full hydro you may as well do it. Plus packaging a track bar with full hydro can get a bit tight.

Yea the track bar is the hardest part to package in the 3 link. As far as the 4 link goes, its the same amount of heims as a 3 link and the top links are easier to package. You'll just have to make a truss or just make some tall brackets for the uppers and brace them in really well. Either of which I doubt will be that bad for you. Like Chris said, you can always triangulate the uppers outside of the frame rails to get the most out of them.

Back