Battery Chargers

paradisePWoffrd

Recovering Project Junkie
Im sure this has been discussed as many times as batteries, but couldnt find a thread with any recommendations.

My old battery charger has finally crapped out, I believe. Looking to get a new one.

Mostly looking for something that can do car batteries, deep cycle, AGM, etc. Something that can revive a battery from dead; not just a maintainer. I dont need it, but jump start ability would be nice also.

I’ve got one of these that’s 27years old, used it on motorcycles when I had them, used it on my 4Runner the other day when the door was left ajar for a week......
Have used it on my tractor and camper batteries as well

if I need it quick I can boost from any number of vehicles

Schumacher SC1355 1.5A 6/12V Fully Automatic Battery Maintainer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078962VRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_964aFb8ZS262D

Sadly, my OG (switches for voltage/amps, and analog gauge) Shumacher died recently too :(... fawker would bring a dead battery every time, but think it died attempoting that on an AGM
Bought a Tender brand "maintainer", but 1.25A will NOT revive a dead battery...

Gonna open the Shumacher soon to see if the failures evident... if not, thinking this is pretty dang close to it... https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...p-automatic-battery-charger-with-engine-start

It doesn't have the jump start feature, but I've been happy with the charger below. Can do some simple diagnosis and can charge/maintain AGM batteries (what I needed it for).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLLRM8R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The one I currently have seems like a 15yr old version on this one. When you connect it to a battery now, it will start the charging cycle and after a minute or 2 it just stops and goes back to analysis stage. Figured it is mostly microprocessors, so there is not a chance to repair. Mostly didnt know if Schumacher was still a good option or if better ones had surfaced.

I've got at least 6 decent battery chargers. The only one I use anymore and the only one worth a shit is the optima 400. Looks like they have come down in price now too so it's not even worth looking at anything else, unless you want the 1200 model

I've got at least 6 decent battery chargers. The only one I use anymore and the only one worth a shit is the optima 400. Looks like they have come down in price now too so it's not even worth looking at anything else, unless you want the 1200 model
Why do you have 6 chargers? Is it like me with bandsaws?

I have an Optima battery charger. While their newer, Mexico made, batteries suck...that charger certainly doesn't! Has several settings. Acid battery, AGM, charge, maintain, and will do some other stuff. One of my better purchases in the last few years.

Just for options...
Charles, SENS (Stores Energy Systems), and LeMarche are 3 industrial suppliers that any of which would be the last one you ever buy in your lifetime.

Back