Battery discount

Got a coupon code or something you could share?

If it's a mail in rebate, there won't be a coupon code usually because it's a manufacturer rebate. I would guess it probably tells what it is in the store sale flyer.

Last edited:
Oh, and free shipping because I'm too lazy to go to the store tomorrow :D

$200 for that battery is already overpriced by $50, so if it's an Advance Auto rebate (instead of manufacturer), they're just bringing the price down to what it should be. Regular price at 4WheelParts is $154, free shipping.

The 30% off is where the real savings are.

$200 for that battery is already overpriced by $50, so if it's an Advance Auto rebate (instead of manufacturer), they're just bringing the price down to what it should be. Regular price at 4WheelParts is $154, free shipping.

The 30% off is where the real savings are.
Yeah, and keep in mind you'll pay tax on the full price before the rebate, you don't get the taxed part of the rebate back.

One thing to watch out for w/ Advance is that if you purchase in the store, they add it to your account history via phone number. Have an issue later, you can warranty it easily.
But if you buy it online, the warranty is through the corporate store, the local guys have no record of it, and warranty is a PITA.

Yeah, and keep in mind you'll pay tax on the full price before the rebate, you don't get the taxed part of the rebate back.

One thing to watch out for w/ Advance is that if you purchase in the store, they add it to your account history via phone number. Have an issue later, you can warranty it easily.
But if you buy it online, the warranty is through the corporate store, the local guys have no record of it, and warranty is a PITA.
I saw a customer do this when I worked at Advance. He taped/glued a decent zip lock bag to the top/side of the battery. Put the receipt and warranty info in it.

I saw a customer do this when I worked at Advance. He taped/glued a decent zip lock bag to the top/side of the battery. Put the receipt and warranty info in it.
lol I have 2 vehicles like that right now.
I put the bag on the bottom so it was sammiched underneath it.

I'm not the only person that has seen the ink fade on a receipt just left in the glove box of the car am I? Would that not happen in the engine bay with all of the heat?

I'm not the only person that has seen the ink fade on a receipt just left in the glove box of the car am I? Would that not happen in the engine bay with all of the heat?

If the receipt is on standard thermal paper, then yes. Very good possibility. It depends on how hot the battery gets.

They can also lose your entire account history, blame it on the CarQuest merger, and deny your warranty.

They can also lose your entire account history, blame it on the CarQuest merger, and deny your warranty.
They also seem to clear out the database every 2 years or so, most likely so the lifetime warranty on their shitty starter is only good for two years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If the receipt is on standard thermal paper, then yes. Very good possibility. It depends on how hot the battery gets.

This is true, and they use thermal paper. Make a photo copy to put in with it.

Bump.
I need a new battery for the 4runner. Any great deals out there? I'm flexible on the group size.

Also, it's probably about time I replaced the pan and strap for the holder.
In the long run, since the size of the tray will affect it, is there a particular group size that is ideal/most universal? I know 34/78 is common.

Bump.
I need a new battery for the 4runner. Any great deals out there? I'm flexible on the group size.

Also, it's probably about time I replaced the pan and strap for the holder.
In the long run, since the size of the tray will affect it, is there a particular group size that is ideal/most universal? I know 34/78 is common.

I just bought three of them at Walmart for $88/ea. Group 65 with three year full replacement warranty. They cost 60% of what the old ones did. If they last 60% as long, I'll get new ones for free.

I just bought three of them at Walmart for $88/ea. Group 65 with three year full replacement warranty. They cost 60% of what the old ones did. If they last 60% as long, I'll get new ones for free.
My last two batteries I bought at WM. Both died prematurely. Trying to get a refund/replacement is a chore. If you don't have the original printed receipt, forget it.
I've taken to now putting the receipt double-ziplocked tucked underneath the battery for future access.

All that said though - that is quite a deal hard to pass up, and since I'm a glutton for punishment I may do it again.

were they on sale or just a normal walk in price?

Back