Battery recommendation for camper

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
The battery in my truck camper doesn’t hold a charge for even 12 hours so it is time for a new one. What kind of battery do you all recommend?

I had the cheapo walmart rv/marine deep cycle in mine. Think Phillip has the same.

Two 6V Trojan golf cart batteries in mine.

Depends on what you're doing with it, though. Those little RV furnaces will drain the shit out of the battery and use up all your propane while they're at it.

I have the 120AH Walmart deep cycle battery on my trailer too. Been there now for 2 seasons. I have a 100W solar panel and a 20A charge controller hooked up to it and that works great in keeping the battery up.

I don't run that much on it. A 12V 3A fridge, some LED lights and a phone charger but it will run a 3 day weekend just fine.

NAPA deep cycle and it’s held it’s own for a year straight when I lived in it full time during numerous power outages when I was down in Louisiana. I would switch over to the genset when I got a chance but that battery pulled its weight numerous times! Pricey but worth it in my opinion.

x2 on the Trojans. T-105 | Trojan Battery Company

I just replaced my 2 house batteries (12v in parallel) with 2 6v trojans (6v in series). Bought them at a local golf cart place, about $120 each. Weighed almost twice as much as the deep cycles that came with it, that ain't plastic.

They are about 3" taller, though...be sure you have headroom.

I pulled the group 27 out when mine did the same. Re-framed the cradle with 1x2 and now it holds 2 group 31 AGM 100AH batteries. Also did a powermax inverter, whole setup was about $430. But it we just camped 3 days running heat and letting the boy watch tv and night and never had a hiccup. Adding a 160w solar panel next week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Clay, I have an extra if you want it. I bought a new one from tractor supply to power my carpet winch. I'm using it in the rv now. The one that came out was supposedly newish too. It holds good charge. Yours if you want it.

Clay, I have an extra if you want it. I bought a new one from tractor supply to power my carpet winch. I'm using it in the rv now. The one that came out was supposedly newish too. It holds good charge. Yours if you want it.

Thanks! I will take it. Anything is better than my current one, it dies no joke in 10 minutes when the camper is not hooked to the truck or on generator power.

My car quest deep cycled died at Harlan about 2 months ago I had my 10 year old spare red top in the back of the truck so I thru it in there temporarily 2 months later it’s working great lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back