bed liner

Tobers

ok if this topic has already been covered just post a link, I tried to find it in search but couldn't. Ok, I have a really rusty jeep tub that I'm slowly patching but it looks a little frankensteinish. I hear that the bed liner will cover up some of the obvious differences and welds? and just in general how good of an idea is it to do to the floor of the tub? any of your opinions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

wow, something must be wrong with my search thing because everything I search it says "no matches found"

The bed liner will show the welds, if they look good then it will look good under a bedliner. It'll form exactly to the surface of whatever you are doing, so depending on the color you may be able to tell where the patches have been, but they will all be the same color at least...

You can do the outside of the tub, but it'll come off if you hit it on any rocks or trees....

Doin the floot of the tub can be either a bad idea or a good idea, depending on what you use. If you use a professional spray in liner (Line-x, Rhino) and later on want to cut the tub for a flat belly, or for more shifters or soemthing, you'll have a hell of a time cutting it. If you use Herculiner, you can cut it, but it can be difficult...

I rolled it myself in mine and it looks great. It covers small stuff but if its a big difference somewhere it will still show. Just make sure you do alot of coats so its more ruff and thick

Back