before there was ECORS

That Total Chaos Toyota is money, that thing is bad arse. I think if its built with a 4wd front end it still has around 12" of wheel travel

The ticket is changing to a center-mounted diff, then you can keep the 4wd and get 14+" travel. Just need custom axles and $$$$

Nicole from TC is a good buddy of mine from desert racing. Thay build some bulletproof Toyota stuff. Main issue for ECORS with a long travel is the width. Of course if you compare it to a 1 ton with 13 inch wide tires, it aint that bad. I have done some rockcrawling in a 4WD fourunner with the TC Caddy kit. It dosent flex enough to be competitive in B or C. If I ran class A, there is no way I would have anything else, you would own it.

If I ran class A, there is no way I would have anything else, you would own it.

You'd be buying it, given the cost after doing that full conversion...
You can help *a little* w/ the width by using really deep-set wheels at least.

Sheeeet. Apples to apples, All cost involved, you would spend more building a XJ to be that fast. It still wouldnt be as reliable as the Toy, and you will have to throw it away every 2-3 years, IF you are lucky to make it that long. I have been watching and driven TC yotas in the desert for over 12 years and I am a believer. Jeepspeed, ECORS, etc... Is a mass grave for XJ's that have a considerable amount of hard work and money envolved in them. I'm just saying that it wouldnt be my first choice. A Yota with a TC kit and deavers is relatively affordable, easy and it will work like a champ.

Before there was ECORS! There was WAR!

530025_430024863705294_443486965_n.jpg

"before there was ECORS" - this might be dating me a bit, but,
Around 1980? there were 2 off road tracks that held races I knew of near me;
One near Statesville/Lincolnton area I think, big jumps, serious waterholes, on the side of a hill, usual redclay, onetime MX track I think, one truck at a time. Guy used to show up in a ratty old ford with bare body work hanging on it, the radiator and exhaust high in the bed on 40" ground hawgs and slay everybody.

Second one near URE somewhere, track had jumps, mud, banked turns, moguls, 2 trucks ran course at same time, starting at opposite points and finishing in the middle after 2 laps, announcer stood in the middle in an old pop up drinking jack out of the bottle. A guy in something that looked like a cross between an winged outlaw car and a jeep always won. After the race all the trucks went to the swamp on one end for a "see who can make it" thing. I met Gary Porter (Carolina Crusher fame) at one of them, he had a huge Chevy for the pit, on the front edge of his monster truck fame.

Concord just had the straight mud pit behind the race track, Galloway's always won that.

Metrolina Fairgrounds used to dig a mud pit on the front straight of that track sometimes.

Last edited:
Back