best diesel truck?

buy it & never look back
if it is an auto drive it & make shore it shifts good & does not slip

ok money got tight found a 94 f-350 4door dully 7.3 turbo 243000 miles $3500 what yall think?
The 7.3 is tried and true. Get it. I'm in the market for something similar, I'm just willing to pay twice the price for half the miles. Just make sure it cranks, runs, and shifts good. At that many miles my only concern might be injectors, or an auto trans. Both of which, if well taken care of, will last a good long while.

I like my cummins but, when it comes to big trucks, I've always been a Dodge guy.

04.5 Cummins, BD super B compound turbos, Built trans, PPE Xcellorator, 100hp Exergy injectors, Modified CP3 by Floor-it diesel, Airdog 165, gauges, Katzkin interior, 6" lift, 37" BFG All terrains.....

it hauls.

Im having the injectors installed right now, when it gets out of the shop Im going to install the CP3 mods and Airdog. With just the twins and the programmer, it'll turn the 37's no problem.

I've been through a few diesels in my life and I've always had good luck with a cummins. That's why I keep buying a cummins, they are reliable and easy to work on. Had a '90 w250 one time with over 550k on it and never any internal engine work, 1 head gasket, and 1 injector pump and 2 t727 tranny's rebuilt. Knew the original owner and it came off a farm so it had a hard life but took everything thrown at it with a smile and I'm hard on vehicles. I've always been a fan of the 6 cyl diesel, mainly for having less parts, easier to work on and lets face it the sound. I am a truck driver so I'm partial to the 6. Just do your homework and see what works for you. Look at what parts cost for all 3 diesel engines in question do you know what your getting into. You know the saying about opinions so take everyone's with a grain of salt and buy what's right for you.

honestly if money is tight then get a 12v cummins. seriously a great motor and not only it is reliable it is just super easy to work on. im currently going to school to become a diesel mechanic that being said the 7.3 and 12v are both great motors and i really dont think you can go wrong with either one..but the powerstroke motors use glow plugs to keep the water/oil warm which aint a bad thing but they normally have a problem of the number 1 glow plug going out which is no big deal but it just makes the truck a bit tougher to start. also the cummins will have more power then the 7.3 the 7.3 is really a dog of a motor when you compare it to the cummins stock for stock. the 12v is also super easy to get extra "free power" which is a nice thing to have when pulling a heavy load..over all i like the cummins but you really cant go wrong with either one. but the two 12v cummins that i have owned never let me down..might be getting another one soon.

Best tow rig. F250 body, cummins motor, allison trans. Boom, best youll ever have. Comfort of a ford, reliability of a cummins and a tranny that will hold down the power. Only reason for the 250 body is due to it being a d.d. ive d.d.'ed a dually, not fun parking at walmart. Unless you already have dents
My friends and I call that the Dodge Supermax, Ford Duramins, or the Chevy Cummiduty. The last one sounds weird but the point is the big 3 need to come together and make this "limited edition" heavy duty truck. It would be freakin awesome.

My friends and I call that the Dodge Supermax, Ford Duramins, or the Chevy Cummiduty. The last one sounds weird but the point is the big 3 need to come together and make this "limited edition" heavy duty truck. It would be freakin awesome.

Actually the Ford F-650s' have a 6.7 Cummins and Allison Tranny. We have a few at work

This is retarded and worthy of sharing

ai961.photobucket.com_albums_ae93_FHAREN_photo_1D49D535_1066_47ae0534aafac39dfcade8fd9a6513c7b.jpg

OK so an update is in order, got a 83 Chevy sub. With the 6.2 in it. Got a 12valve Cummins that I will be putting In soon

I got a 4wd Excursion with the 7.3. Only problems I have had is from my own doings. I am looking for a 2wd Diesel Excursion to be my new tow rig. I saw an Excursion in VA with a Cummins in it. I think that would be a great truck but not sure how you would get it inspected in NC since it was a gas truck. My buddy has an 06 Duramax and I really like the way it rides and Tows.

I have a 2000 F250 with a 7.3. Its lifted 8" on 37s and gets hand calculated 20 MPG hwy. on a 80HP tune. Rides nice, tons more room inside than the Chevy or Dodge(unless you buy a mega cab) and it has had ZERO problems. Although I keep a CPS in the glovebox just in case. Approaching 300,000 now and it doesnt leak, smoke, anything. Great truck. Did I mention it pulls the heck out of a car trailer?

Here is mine.

Attachments

• f250.jpg
    f250.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 319
Best tow rig. F250 body, cummins motor, allison trans. Boom, best youll ever have. Comfort of a ford, reliability of a cummins and a tranny that will hold down the power. Only reason for the 250 body is due to it being a d.d. ive d.d.'ed a dually, not fun parking at walmart. Unless you already have dents
had to post to repeat these words.

Sometimes it's nice to use simpler stuff! I'm still loving my VE motor, NV4500, and NP205 setup.

Back