Best years of Suburban/Yukon XL 2500 4x4

Is that the one with the slide? If so, then yes I've replaced it.
I think it is. Well, damn, sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Looking for any opinions on pricing. Looking at a 2005 2500 suburban ls. 145k miles 8.1l/4l80e 4wd. Very clean inside and out just broken interior pieces and holes in the dash panels from light switches. (Previously owned by a police dept).

Trying to get it for under 15k but that still feels like too much for a 18 year old suburban. But then again everything is overpriced right now and I need a daily driver since my wife's car is fvcked.

$15k seems a little too strong for that model. Now if it were less miles or a LT with all the bells and whistles then maybe

People pay up for the 8.1, but too much for me.

Why do you want an 8.1 suburban as a daily?

It'll just be a temporary dd until I rebuild the transmission in my wife's pimpala. But she's bout to give birth so I won't have any time to fix it for awhile. I'm not paying a shop $5k-6k to fix a transmission on a $8k car and we need another suv anyways.

And I thought this was America? I'll DD a big block v8 if I want to :usa::usa:

Edit: I also realize there's better, more fuel efficient options out there but you only live once

It'll just be a temporary dd until I rebuild the transmission in my wife's pimpala. But she's bout to give birth so I won't have any time to fix it for awhile. I'm not paying a shop $5k-6k to fix a transmission on a $8k car and we need another suv anyways.

And I thought this was America? I'll DD a big block v8 if I want to :usa::usa:

Edit: I also realize there's better, more fuel efficient options out there but you only live once
I dd the 5.3 18-20mpg version and the 2500 sits at home unless towing.

Coming soon to a gas station near you! 2003 8.1, 4l85, 4x4, 4.10, 62000 original miles. Belonged to the Secret Service and has never been titled. Carfax says I'm the 1st owner.. Has some interesting features including the 3rd row seat is facing backwards, station wagon style, and there's a handle rigged to pop the back glass from the inside so they can shoot out through the back.
20230811_104258.jpg

20230814_151049.jpg

Coming soon to a gas station near you! 2003 8.1, 4l85, 4x4, 4.10, 62000 original miles. Belonged to the Secret Service and has never been titled. Carfax says I'm the 1st owner.. Has some interesting features including the 3rd row seat is facing backwards, station wagon style, and there's a handle rigged to pop the back glass from the inside so they can shoot out through the back.
View attachment 402537
View attachment 402538

Come on man, more pics!!! :rockon:

No supercharger, I can only imagine the gas mileage lol.
Bought a new front bumper strait from GM, put on a black z71 valence with new fog lights, tru cool 40k transmission cooler, Hayden heavy duty fan clutch, replaced some Misc broken interior pieces, removed all the strobe modules, fixed spliced wiring harnesses, changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, both diff fluids, t case fluid, flushed the brakes and power steering fluid. Already has new 33" toyo A/T on it.
Getting ceramic tint and ceramic coat after labor day. Should be getting tuned by PCM of NC after I get the electric fans installed.

20230821_202201.jpg

2 tone interior with just the right amount of options. Power cloth seat bottom, power mirrors, pw, pl, cruise, Blose stereo with cd AND cassette deck, no onstar:huggy:

20230821_202325.jpg

We're taking it to the beach this weekend so me and the wife busted out our old mixtapes we use to listen to together in high school.
Can't wait

No supercharger, I can only imagine the gas mileage lol.
Bought a new front bumper strait from GM, put on a black z71 valence with new fog lights, tru cool 40k transmission cooler, Hayden heavy duty fan clutch, replaced some Misc broken interior pieces, removed all the strobe modules, fixed spliced wiring harnesses, changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, both diff fluids, t case fluid, flushed the brakes and power steering fluid. Already has new 33" toyo A/T on it.
Getting ceramic tint and ceramic coat after labor day. Should be getting tuned by PCM of NC after I get the electric fans installed.

View attachment 402542
2 tone interior with just the right amount of options. Power cloth seat bottom, power mirrors, pw, pl, cruise, Blose stereo with cd AND cassette deck, no onstar:huggy:

View attachment 402543

We're taking it to the beach this weekend so me and the wife busted out our old mixtapes we use to listen to together in high school.
Can't wait
Looks like it need a sd 60 front 😎 lol but seriously how did you find this unit

Did you find it on a .gov auction? That looks super clean and really makes me miss my black 8.1 Burb.

No I found it a little dealer in Garner- NC Motorsports llc. He mainly does GM stuff and sxs.
Looks like it need a sd 60 front 😎 lol but seriously how did you find this unit

You take Affirm payments? Lmao quit putting ideas in my head.
I was deep in the trenches of Google on the 7 or 8th page and found a site called "iseecar". This website somehow searches 3rd party used car dealers and lists them. I found several burbs for sale that I hadn't seen listed anywhere else.

8.1 Smokey burnouts or GTFO!!

drop me off some rollers and let's do it :smokin:
@CarolinaHD
Holy sheite. Let me know if you want to sell this one day <3

I hope to have this for another 20 years so I hope you're patient :)

We are going to have a 2011 2500 suburban for sale soon.

260k miles 4wd white black interior.

Not super clean. Not terrible either. Was a customs and border protection suburban, been my work truck since 2017. I’ve put 100k miles on it since towing a trailer everyday.

It’ll be listed soon, just thought I would post here and see if anyone is interested, before i list it in all the usual places.

Hydroboost leaks p/s fluid and rear main seal leaks, neither leak a lot.

Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads x4. Tinted windows and LED headlights.

Last edited:
Back