Best years of Suburban/Yukon XL 2500 4x4

Just make sure you get one you can work on or have reputable shop to work on... Not like ours that is a fun " itch" to work on... No info on the motor,350 TBI with Super Charger from the day of its birth 1995 4x4 2500...

I am at 175k on my 2013, already setting aside money for a trans rebuild. I do hope to at least add some goodies to it when it finally let’s go

I am at 175k on my 2013, already setting aside money for a trans rebuild. I do hope to at least add some goodies to it when it finally let’s go

I've got 19x,xxx on my 2005 and here's my spare LQ4. Just hoping my old transmission guy is still around when I need him.

20210529_141244.jpg

Seems like most recommend getting a new unit from a dealer and upgrading the torque converter to one from another platform. CTSV? Better bang for the buck perhaps.

Yours is already tuned isn’t it? I’ve been looking looking at tunes to help save the torque converter from suiciding itself haha.

Where y'all finding these things at? I haven't figured out the right search terms for marketplace.

This is a pretty good group. More knowledgeable people and less shit posting than others.
They don't post any GMT900s for sale, though

reliability aside...is the 6spd that good? I have a v10excursion and it tows well enough, but would certainly benefit to more gears.
I liked the 6 speed in my 5.3 Sierra. Definitely easier to set cruise and forget it when towing. When the 4L drops a gear or two it screams but I'd let the 6 do whatever it wants.

We have been really liking our 07 Yukon XL Denali. 6.2L with with the 6L80. No DOD, but it does burn some oil as well as leak some. Pulls great, though Ive only had maybe 4k behind it. We only have two issues really. It occasionally goes into limp mode if its above 3k going into 3rd gear and the cruise isnt working. Otherwise its been great so far. We have a trip to Myrtle next week and we will see how it handles a long trip.

We have been really liking our 07 Yukon XL Denali. 6.2L with with the 6L80. No DOD, but it does burn some oil as well as leak some. Pulls great, though Ive only had maybe 4k behind it. We only have two issues really. It occasionally goes into limp mode if its above 3k going into 3rd gear and the cruise isnt working. Otherwise its been great so far. We have a trip to Myrtle next week and we will see how it handles a long trip.
Just wanted to mention in regards to the cruise control. Have you replaced your brake light switch? I know my 2011 had a similar issue, ended up being the brake light switch sticking on the cruise control side in the disengage mode. Replaced it and haven't had any other CC issues. Might not be the issue considering your limp mode issue but thought i'd mention it.

Just wanted to mention in regards to the cruise control. Have you replaced your brake light switch? I know my 2011 had a similar issue, ended up being the brake light switch sticking on the cruise control side in the disengage mode. Replaced it and haven't had any other CC issues. Might not be the issue considering your limp mode issue but thought i'd mention it.
Is that the one with the slide? If so, then yes I've replaced it.

Back