Blackstone cooks

obullfish

Carolina Trail Blazers
So ended up with a early Christmas present from the wife this year. Had it a few weeks now and cooked on it almost every day so far. It’s the 28” air fryer combo with the hood. Cooked everything from breakfast, cinnamon rolls, steaks, garlic shrimp, Ahi tuna steaks, smash burgers, blackened chicken, taters and onions, stir fry, fried rice. So far the smash burgers and the Asia cooks have been the best. Here are some pictures of tonight’s chicken stir fry and pot stickers.
6D52BFAD-1DB6-43C1-99AF-C69405B7DCA1.jpeg
D7D80098-8C4A-48D6-8149-48B39C9F188C.jpeg
E5BCE628-66B3-4B6E-B06C-C09A17B72B43.jpeg

By the way the air fryer may or may not be worth messing with. Tried some fresh cut fries in it a couple weeks ago and wasn’t impressed but will experiment further before calling it junk.

By the way the air fryer may or may not be worth messing with. Tried some fresh cut fries in it a couple weeks ago and wasn’t impressed but will experiment further before calling it junk.
My brother has the blackstone with the side burner and deep fryer bucket. It also does not work that well.

I have a folding camp chef flattop I use at the house and take camping. We just finished remolding our kitchen and I cooked on mine for just about every meal for almost 6 weeks. I even cooked a frozen pizza on it.

Here is some pics of some of the things i have cooked the last few camping trips. I have cooked everything from biscuits to Japanese on it.

0CAD6E81-A29C-4148-A816-97568CC47F73.jpeg
C25A6871-B29A-4CD4-86E8-8589346831F1.jpeg
E0D579AF-1785-4CEE-9568-ECB25167A99F.jpeg

cooking the rice ahead of time, and putting in the fridge overnight seems to help. Covering with a bowl/lid to help heat faster seems to keep it from getting overcooked. Sesame oil/seeds seems to add more flavor also.

Finally made the plunge and bought mine back in November. We absolutely love this thing. I honestly don't see much of a need to keep my Weber gas grill around much longer. There's certainly a little bit of a learning curve but nothing a little trial and error and the innerwebs can't fix.

1611257812683.png

We do breakfast on it just about every weekend. By far the best thing to cook big breakfast's. Bacon (we cook a LOT of bacon on this thing!), eggs, sausage, pancakes, hash browns, french toast...you name it, it'll cook it.

1611257938031.png

This was my first attempt at hash browns and, well, they didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped they would. I did eat them though bc I grew up not wasting no food!

1611258028391.png

1611258300953.png

Philly cheese steaks are tits on this thing! I've been lazy and only done them w/ steak'ums so far but plan to do some ribeye or flank sooner than later.

1611258660687.png

1611258151809.png

1611258320768.png

Quesidillas are probably one of our favorite things to do for something quick on a week night. Pretty much have just done fajita-style with chicken, shrimp, bell pepper (pick your favorite color), jalapeño and onion. Throw some butter down, let the tortilla soak that fatty goodness up to brown it and give it a good crunch, throw your innards in there, toss some messican blend cheese on, fold over and let it get golden brown. Basically a boujee grilled cheese in my eyes.

1611258514222.png

I even tried my hand at some shredded brussel sprouts w/ dried cranberries, pecans and some feta thrown in the mix. Turned out pretty good.

1611258582849.png

Also did some hibachi-style veggies and chicken breast w/ teriyaki sauce but I failed to get a picture.

pro tip if you havent already.
Get the drip pan trays from amazon. Its like $5 for 20, they line the grease catch and just lift out and toss.

the only thing I dont like about mine is its impossible to use and not make a gigantic mess...we could bacon every weekned...and a bunch of thick cut at that and the grease is everywhere...

smash burgers are a big hit here as well

Get the drip pan trays from amazon. Its like $5 for 20, they line the grease catch and just lift out and toss.

the only thing I dont like about mine is its impossible to use and not make a gigantic mess...we could bacon every weekned...and a bunch of thick cut at that and the grease is everywhere...

I'm a poor so I use tinfoil in my drip try.

I just wait till it solidifies and scrape that shit into the trash w/ a small putty knife, wipe down w/ paper towel and keep f'n rollin! But I'm cheap like that so...

Order these you'll never go back:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CCSV6GD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did the same @rcalexander105 ....but not having to scrape is the tits. I get about 4 cooks, or 1 family bacon cook out of a tray.
We did have a bunch of my son's teamates over (read 9 college football players) around new years and made like .... 8lbs of bacon...that was reallly nice to be able to do a hot swap..

Order these you'll never go back:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CCSV6GD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did the same @rcalexander105 ....but not having to scrape is the tits. I get about 4 cooks, or 1 family bacon cook out of a tray.
We did have a bunch of my son's teamates over (read 9 college football players) around new years and made like .... 8lbs of bacon...that was reallly nice to be able to do a hot swap..

Damn that's not nearly as I get with mine. Pretty sure it's closer to 4x that. Though mine isn't level so it holds grease over in the back corner unless I scrap it to the center. Generally reuse some of it depending on what's being cooked.

Damn that's not nearly as I get with mine. Pretty sure it's closer to 4x that. Though mine isn't level so it holds grease over in the back corner unless I scrap it to the center. Generally reuse some of it depending on what's being cooked.
I do scrape my down every cook, and burn it off with water....No if we are cooking hibachi, chicken rice, we get minimal/no run off of course.
But especially bacon, smash burgers and steak-ums as mentioned...its a swimming pool.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I do scrape my down every cook, and burn it off with water....No if we are cooking hibachi, chicken rice, we get minimal/no run off of course.
But especially bacon, smash burgers and steak-ums as mentioned...its a swimming pool.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I do nothing with water unless I need to deep clean it. Just scrap off the chunks and roll on. I do more chicken and pork than beef so that's part of it.

Interesting...one of the youtube gusy I watched recommended doing like a japanese hibachi...scrape it then crank the heat for a few, the spray with water to steam it loose, scrape it and then mist with a light oil before turning off...so thats my routing each time. Most of the water boils off butt here is some run.

I got a pellet grill last year and absolutely love it now I’m wanting a blackstone can anybody talk me out of it or pull the trigger.

I got a pellet grill last year and absolutely love it now I’m wanting a blackstone can anybody talk me out of it or pull the trigger.
I have a small pellet grill and blackstone. I think they are useful for different things. I say get it.

We have a small Blackstone that stays in the camper usually. The portable size has come in handy and we use it a lot. Extra cooking for family gatherings, took it to Wyoming on the elk trip to whip up some stuff to break up the mountain house meals, dirtbike races etc. Only gripe is when it’s damn cold outside it takes a bit to heat up and stay hot. A wind blocker of some kind helps a ton.

I keep thinking about getting a larger one to compliment our pellet smoker.

Turkey ruebens the other night. Fan-friggin-tastic! Turkey, kraut, provolone, thousand island & some jalapeños on rye

1612290687713.png

Back