Blocks causing axle wrap?

Jason924R

I have lift blocks on my 92 4Runner on the rear axle....which is because of my frenched rear spring hangers. I wanted to relieve the sag in the back for a short time until I could find a better solution. I'm getting axle wrap pretty bad now. I've had the SAS for 8 months. It is sprung over. I have 4:88 gears with a detroit. Andy from CRSU has seen the rear diff buck pretty bad from a take off. Do you think the blocks are causing my axle wrap? I'd rather try and ditch the blocks than buy a traction bar if possible.

Any suggestions or solutions? A traction bar is a little out of my range at the moment. I can provide pictures if necessary.

Thanks.

Jason

Also, a friend of mine told me to weigh the rear axle of truck at a public scale, call up Alcan Spring with weight, spring length and lift required and they will do the rest.

Any of you guys think this would be a wise move?

It can't hurt to try removing the blocks. They are probley not helping the problem.

Sam(Slim)

Rob,
Chevy springs will not work because he has the 5" All Pro Extreme Lift on it. A $600 set of leaf springs (Alcan) will take care of some of your problems or a traction bar setup will def take care of it........

Your cheapest option either way is the traction bar setup. Those alpro springs are starting to soften up alot.

Andy

zubz said:
Your cheapest option either way is the traction bar setup. Those alpro springs are starting to soften up alot.

Andy said it...that is your best option if you want to keep the lift.

Depending on tire size you could always remove the block and put 3" springs on the front... Slightly cheaper..

Seth

Ah. Well I definately appreciate the input from you guys. Looks like I'll get a traction bar....

So what should I do about the blocks? Leave them until I get some new springs or take them out?

I'm running 36 inch TSLs right now.

If you want it to sit 3-4" low on the rear end you should take them out....:)

Otherwise, just leave em in till you can get other springs.

Andy

Build your own stack

With a little work going to the junk yard etc it is not too hard to build a new spring stack that can do what you want. XJ springs are longer, rear Dodge van (full size van) springs are longer. Build up a stack, add and delete for height and stiffness desired. May give you the opportunity to put half the size block in which will reduce your hop/wrap significantly.

Ask anybody with long leafs who has wheeled hard and he will tell you about "s'n" out a spring stack. You can ruin a set of springs in one day of wheelin.

Back