bolts

jeepyjman

anyone know where to get 9/16's by 5 inch bolts on a saturday or sunday? in charlotte or surrounding areas.

tractor supply or northern tool would be my first guess

Laniers hardware on Main St in downtown Lexington will have them. Open all day on Saturday.

I had a hard time finding 9/16's bolts. I needed some for a shock mount on my bronco and couldn't find the size i needed. Even at Wilder's, I had to go with a grade 5 threaded rod. Wasn't real happy about it, but at least it was grade 5.

I needed 9/16 x 5" bolts for my 63" chevy spring swap. They had them in grade 5 and 8. It's a striaght shot up 85, about 45mins from Charlotte. They have had all the odd ball hardware I've needed for my rig and are very reasonal on the price compared to others.They have been very helpful to me.

Lanier True Valve Hardware
218 S Main St
Lexington NC
336-248-5935

Lowe's Hardware, I've been able to get them there in the past when I ruined a CJ suspension bolt.
They are proud of them.

Lowe's Hardware, I've been able to get them there in the past when I ruined a CJ suspension bolt.
They are proud of them.

?? Just last weekend I was at Lowe's trying to get 9/16ths bolts, only had 1-2 sizes and they were coarse thread.

Only F-ing SAE threads on an 80s 4Runner are for the F-ing rear seatbelts and holes in the rollbar (since they're intended for shoulder straps)... and of course they're fine thread. Thank you very much US safety laws.
Slim pickin's anywhere but a fastener store.

go check out your local john deere dealership, should have just about any size you need. straight bolts, u-bolts, tapered headed, and hex head. just get to know the parts guys and find the one that will take the time to look whats in the EPC. might have to order them, but machine down ordering will have them at the gate by 6am the next morning.

Check in the trailers and towing sections of the Northern or TS. I know at Agri Supply in Garner they had 9/16s bolts there for trailers.

Duane

Back