Bondo Brand Roll on Truck liner

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
I used this on my tub transplant. It sucks! It dryed very hard and brittle. It is cracking and has yet to see the trail. It also drys to a very high gloss. I do not reccomend it at all.

ditto. a friend bought some, had enough for his jeep and my truck, I did the interior of my truck, and the little amount of bedspace I have. It seems to have stuck good, haven't had any cracking yet but I cleaned it very well and only put on one fairly thin coat. It is hard, not much texture, it has chipped up some in his Jeep, but he put it on pretty thick with mulitple coats.

I would not use it or suggest it if you want any sort of texture or 'soft' bedliner feel.

Did same here on my Bronco. Created alot of work chissling it back out. Some stuck? No rhyme or reason why it did stick in areas? Heard good things about Herculiner. I think that's the next step up.
For fender wells and such on a trail beaters, I've used Black Mammy (roof tar) with good results. I used Aluminum Trailer roof coating the other day in a truck bed in an area and it looks very promising! Beaded up the water when it rained and left a textured surface so stuff won't scoot around. If it sticks around, I will be painting the entire bed.

I used the same stuff. It turned out with a glossy finish and not the "rhinolining* type finish i hoped for but it's held up well. only one chip in a little over a year and that's where i whacked the hell out of the floor. I think i'm going to go to an aouto paint store and get some of that rocker guard spray stuff and coat over it with that for about $7 a can. only takes a couple, and looks awesome!

Back